The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Assortment of New Maiden Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Maiden Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quixotica Moxie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: An Assortment of New Maiden Questions Reply with quote

Rayati, Honored Misses,

Since I am so very new here, I have an assortment of questions and I would very much appreciate any and all answers that might be applied to them.

* Is there a busy time for the White Rose Room (it's called the Rosary, isn't it?). Is there a time when maidens are working or meeting privately and it would be best to stay away? Is there an ideal time to pop in and chat?

* Are there formal meeting times that are open to new maidens?

* Is there an ideal time to pop in and say hello in Virtualia?

* Is the Aristasia 101 course the next step after saying hello here and in Virtualia and doing a bit reading 'round the Fora? How does one sign up?

* Are there any really important bits of information that I should be certain not to miss?
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I can answer a few of these!

* Is there a busy time for the White Rose Room (it's called the Rosary, isn't it?). Is there a time when maidens are working or meeting privately and it would be best to stay away? Is there an ideal time to pop in and chat?

The White Rose Room (nicknamed the Rosary, you are correct!) is usually at its busiest during our Official Weekend Meeting Time:

1:00 PM Pacific time
4:00 PM Eastern time
10:00 PM Western/Central European time
9:00 PM GMT

The handy world time converter can help you figure out what time you need if you do not fall into one of those. The above would be the ideal time to come if you want to make sure there are maids around!

A number of us are often around in the evenings British time, midday Culverian time. (There is not a set time as it happens randomly.)

To my knowledge, there is no time when it would be best to stay away from the White Rose Room. If maids need to meet privately, they will open a private chat window, so you need not worry about stumbling into a conversation you shouldn't!

* Are there formal meeting times that are open to new maidens?

Yes! Our formal meeting time is listed above, Saturdays and Sundays. There are sometimes more maids present Saturday than Sunday; when there is a Service, it is usually on a Saturday. If there is a number-one best time of the week to come introduce yourself, it would probably be at 1:00 on Saturday. (But, of course, you are welcome to pop in anytime!)
Quixotica Moxie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, honorable Miss Yu!
Quixotica Moxie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, with the exception that Culverian times are currently one hour ahead due to Daylight Savings Time! (I was wondering why I was having trouble getting my timestamp to work properly...)
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh! Are we still ahead? I can never keep that Daylight Savings Time thing straight. Why couldn't Culveria just keep the same one as the rest of the world? Well, I am glad you have figured it out!
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Europe and the Yeek, to the best of my knowledge, put their clocks forward about two weeks ago, so the time difference between Culveria and Old Telluria should be back to normal.

I am sorry not to have been more forthcoming about the 101 course. The truth is that it is all under construction and the application process has not yet been finalised. This may be a touch inconvenient - but on the other hand it does mean that when you are admitted to the Course, you will the the history-making first-ever scholars.

Good luck to you when you finally get started, and remember that you can ask any questions here in the meantime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Quixotica Moxie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why, thank you, Miss Madonna. (I do hope I'm not being impertinent)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Maiden Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: