The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do introduce yourselves!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Maiden Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Padraica Yatsenko

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati Miss Wolfenhaut,

What a pleasure to see you at the Fora! I hope we shall meet in Virtualia very soon. Please feel free to add me as a friend there, and should our paths cross, I should love to hear from you.
Tamsin Kessel

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati Miss Wolfenhaut!
I am so pleased to see you on the Fora. It was a great pleasure to meet you in Virtualia, and I would be happy to see you outfitted with pretty Jenilovian things to the best of my poor ability. Miss Wardelle is kind to call us good shoppers. I like to think of us as 'upholders of the virtual economy' myself.
Violet Viola
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati and welcome, Miss Wolfenhaut! How lovely, another Arcadian pette!!

Roses are red,
violets are blue....
Isabel Wolfenhaut

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks, Honoured Misses,
for your warm hearted greetings.

My Dear Miss Kessel,
thank you for giving so generously of your time last weekend, or I swear I would still be wearing the same outfit I arrived in.
I have taken it upon myself to drop by the fabulous free emporium a few times recently, and I have an outfit or two to run past your discerning eye (slowly as I am not entirely sure where I have put some of my new found sartorial bounty, and the tasteful lace underwear I thought I had bought seems to have disappeared all together).
I can think of nothing more pleasant than more shopping expeditions in your delightful company. One should always go to the top for what one wants, or so the more forceful of my mothers always tells me.
I did not know how lucky I was when you walked into the Embassy to greet Miss Ramer.
If the Virtual Economy needs upholding, I think it is our duty to do all we can.

Miss Viola,
Your kind words are gratefully received and I look forward to chatting about old Arcadian times (probably a tautology), many of which I have forgotten on account of landing on my head when first attempting to teleport.

Hope to see you in Elektraspace now that school's out, work's finished and postal orders have been cashed.
Thank Dea for the weekend.

Best Wishes

Miss Wolfenhaut
Amelie Vaher

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help! I'm trapped in Second Life Orientation.

They warned me my computer wasn't fast enough and they were right.
I can barely move, forget about fly and I think I might see out my days here without ever graduating SL 101.

How disappointed I am!
I was so looking forward to hooking up with some of you lovely ladies in Elektraspace, and now it doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I'm frantically scribbling a note to Santa, but heck, it's only May.

Please send a cheery hello to help me over this fit of the blues.

Amelie Vaher
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh poor Miss Vaher!

I wonder whether there is anything that can be done for you. Perhaps one of our more technical members can help you with settings and such like. I know I had awful trouble until I changed a lot of settings (which I can't now remember).

Can anyone please help poor Miss Vaher off of orientation island? It is the island just next to "The very worst place to be stuck in Virtualia Island".

I had the Commander offer you friendship. So next time the two of you are there, you might (only might) be able to get out of purgatory and into the fresh air of the Embassy!

Please try the White Rose Room Miss Vaher. There are often girls in there and we always enjoy a good chat with a new girl. Or any other girl most of the time.

Welcome to the Fora. Do have a lovely stay.
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I am sorry to hear about your problem, Miss Vaher. Second Life really does demand rather a lot of an ordie - we almost abandoned it as a platform for that reason, but most of us seem to be just about managing.

The White Rose Room is much less demanding and we do meet there quite often (I am in there as I write). You should be able to meet some of us there.

I look forward very much to seeing you.

And welcome to the Fora!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Miss Madeira

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there, I'm Miss Madeira. I hail from New York city, where I live with my darling blonde Lillie. It's a pleasure to meet all of you, and I hope to get to know everyone better in time.
Isabel Wolfenhaut

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Distressed Miss Vaher,

I was keen to relinquish the title of newest girl here, but not like this.

Try closing all applications except firewall and anti-virus, dim the screen, then click your heels and think of Kansas.

Alternatively, beg or borrow a different ordie.

Looking forward to meeting you on your release,

Isabel Wolfenhaut
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmest of welcomes, honoured Miss Madeira. Welcome to the Fora. I hope you will have a delightful time among us.

Honoured Miss Vaher - further to Honoured Miss Wolfenhaut's sound advice, you might also try going into Preferences, and reducing just about every setting you can see.

Under Graphics, lower the Draw Distance

Under Graphics Detail, lower just about everything and uncheck all the extra functions (vertex shaders etc).

Under Adv. Graphics, lower and uncheck things especially "outfit composite limit".

Under Audio and video disable streaming audio and video

This will give you a somewhat minimal experience, but if it works, you can try edging a few things back up later (it may not notice if you do it sneakily!)

If none of this works, you still may not need a whole new ordie - a new graphics card might turn the trick, or more RAM, or both (RAM can be got quite cheaply these days, especially for desk ordies). We had an ordie that became all-but useless in Virchers and we cured it for about $150 with two Gigabytes of RAM and a cheap graphics card on special offer. But if you are thinking about that, it will be best to post here with details of your current setup, so we can try to advise.

If you find you are having frequent freeze-ups there is a rather complex setting you can change that, in some cases, cures it completely (I could not use Virchers without this trick and I use it all the time). This does not appear to be your problem, but if you (or anyone) has it, do post here and I will try to talk you through it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Violet Viola
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati and warmest welcomes, Miss Madeira!!

Roses are red,
violets are blue....
Isabel Wolfenhaut

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings and a Very Warm Welcome, Miss Madeira,

Will you and the Lovely Lillie be coming out to play in Elektraspace?

Let's hope to see you there.

Best Wishes

Miss Wolfenhaut
Amelie Vaher

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pleasure to meet you, Miss Madeira.

A pleasure to meet everyone. I am finally out of SL Orientation, thanks to a borrowed Ordie.

Thank you for your technical assistance, Miss Madonna. I think I will be all right on my own ordie, so long as I am not required to do anything too sporty.

Girl, am I glad to be out!
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati, Miss Vaher, and congratulations on getting off Orientation Island! I hope I will see you around Virtualia!

Rayati and welcome, Miss Madeira! I see you like ghost stories--I do too! What is your favourite?
Daffodil Finesmith
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati.

If I may introduce myself? I am Miss Daffodil Finesmith. I used to frequent the Aphrodite Cocktail Bar, lo, many years ago. It was so sad when it closed. I remember standing out front on the street, peering through the dusty glass inside at the chairs upturned on the tables. I felt so lost. :(

And then just this week, on a whim of nostalgia and after a long absence, I used my ordinator to learn of happenings in Aristasia. Tentatively, I landed in Virtualia. I made my way to the Empire's Embassy there and was immediately greeted by the most lovely pettes!

I have been positively showered with gifts. I must say I am completely overcome with gratitude for all the kindnesses I have been shown in only a few days. Meeting Miss Yatsenko, dancing with Cmdr. Strauss, shopping with Miss Sorbet, shopping again with Misses Poppy, Yumako and Kessel. And, of course, the gifts of seamed stockings and Miss Poppy's Vintesse outfit.

Virtualia is a bit overwhelming. I am getting used to it slowly but I do have a question: Miss Poppy's outfit is an object and when I tried to wear it I had a colorful box attached to my arm! Silly me, I suppose I must take it out of the box before wearing it! But I can't find the ribbon to untie, or the flap to pull back? Please, if there a brunette around who can help me to open it I would be in your debt.

An EDIT is necessary: the following question was handily dealt with by Miss Violet Viola
Oh, and I have another question related to this part of Elektraspace. I had my picture snapped sitting at the Embassy bar with the thought to use it here. Photoshop insists it is under the 15kb limit but the picture is rejected as too large when I attempt to upload it to my profile. Again, I hate to impose but any help from a brunette to scrunch it down would be greatly appreciated. Sigh, we Blondes are so helpless aren't we?

Thank you so much!

Last edited by Daffodil Finesmith on Tue May 27, 2008 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Maiden Introductions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: