The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

College Recess Activities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Sai ThamŽ College
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chancandre Aquitaine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: College Recess Activities Reply with quote

Sai ThamŽ College is now in Academic Recess for the summer.

Academic recess in a Lay College is not the same as a vacation - because the College is not vacated. In an on-the-ground Lay College it is the home of most of the scholars, and in our aerial Lay College it is for many of us a spiritual home.

Sai ThamŽ College, like many Lay Colleges, has three Academic Trines and goes into Academic Recess for Summer. However we shall continue to have our regular meetings on Rhavedis (Saturdays) at Noon PDT.

Activities may be planned by the scholars or the SCR. Today I understand there will be a reading of Aristasian literature created by scholars of the college, and any member or guest may bring a sample of her work to share.

New girls who have not yet had the opportunity to become novices may come at the invitation of scholars (just ask - they'll invite you!)
Bade great Novarya arise.
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a perfectly wonderful time - I think I like Academic Recesses.

Honored Fršulein [pictured here] read the beginning of her story in her utterly delightful voice.

Then I read something no one but my closest friends have heard, about my childhood in Novaria.

And then we heard Miss Poppy's work-in-progress story about Vix House in Vintesse (a residential house of Sai NimwŽ Hall lay college).

Miss Poppy shyly delegated the reading chores to honored Fršulein which was only slightly disappointing, as honored Fršulein has the second-loveliest voice in the universe.

Miss Poppy, of course has the loveliest. Miss Poppy's voice makes one feel there is a home in the world!

It was truly delightful to be reading and talking aloud in College again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PheobeJoya

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the Most Wonderful Academic Recess!
I completely agree with Miss Sushuri on that point!

However, I would have to add, in my humble teenie opinion, Honored Fršulein voice is the loviesttttttttttttt!!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed all the stories, such gifted writers!
My favourite just had to be the first chapter, of 'The Mystery of the the White Tulip' by the most Honored Fršulein. Hope we can have lots of recesses so we can have lots more readings!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Sai ThamŽ College All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: