The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Japanese Class

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> The Blue Camellia Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Japanese Class Reply with quote

This really should have gone either on the College Bulletin Board or the Japanese Conversation Group but I couldn't decide which and anyway the main Forum is so quiet I thought I would pop it here.

On Rhavedi (Saturday) at 11:30 PDT I am going to give a Japanese lesson.

"What do I know about Japanese?" you ask.

"Very little," I answer. It will be very elementary and I hope will just give our nascent Japanese Club a little kick start. It will be short and take place just before our regular get-together.

Anyone even vaguely interested in Japanese is welcome.

See y'all there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With my usual complete shroomly absence of time-sense, I did not realize that Rhavedi is also the Fourth of July. In my defense I could say that I do try to work in the Aristasian Calendar. They sometimes say that all nations have a 4th of July - they just don't all celebrate it. But actually, Aristasia doesn't have a 4th of July - it is the 22nd of Rosea.

Still, happy 4th of July, y'all. I shall still be about at 11:30 and could even play Japanese if someone feels like it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we had a very miniature Japanese lesson! We talked a little about the origins of Japanese writing (did you know that the earliest classic Japanese literature was all written by femini?) I floeped and soon the room was full of dancing grown-ups!

But I think it was a delightful start for the Tiny Erudites of Sai ThamŽ.

Hmm - I bet you don't know about the Tiny Erudites of Sai ThamŽ. It was a brainwave of honored Miss Niami Aeon and is an association for study among the girls while the College is in summer recess. I think it holds great potential for the future, as much of the academic work of a true Lay College is organized by groups within the scholastic body.

And it is delightful to have the Japanese group off to a real start.

Next Rhavedi (Saturday) will be our Summer Ball - again organized by dear Miss Aeon - so we shall return to Japanese on the following week - or we can slip one in on Rayadi (Sunday) if girls are particularly keen. Do let me know.

Again, let me reassure y'all that this is super elementary. I have the most minimal knowledge of Japanese. I hope when we have progressed a little, dear Yu-chei will be in a position once again to take over as our real sensei.

So if you have the smallest interest in Japanese, do drop by. There is really nothing to fear!

And that applies to girls who have never met us before. We are a very open, friendly group. Just mosey on in, y'hear?
MissJulianna
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati, ladies:

I am so excited that we will be having a summer ball. . . I look forward to hearing more about the day, time, location, and of course recommended attire.

In amity,
Miss Jullianna
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note to tell you that we shall be doing our Very Basic Japanese for Aristasians at 11:30 am PDT on Rhavedi (Saturday).

It is a very informal "lesson" so please just roll along. At noon we shall be having our usual and equally informal recess get-together for anyone who is about.

See y'all there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> The Blue Camellia Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: