The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Mardi Gras" and Moura

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Elektrastasia Discussion Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: "Mardi Gras" and Moura Reply with quote

This is the most important group in the Building Aristasia section because it encompasses all Aristasian activity in Elektraspace. Whether you are a member of the White Rose Family, of the Lay College (when it is built!), of any particular group or none, this is the Forum where we shall discuss everything relevant to you.

And when we say "we", we mean you too.

The Forums are now finally open, and each of you can put in her two copper farthings.

Current questions for all of us to consider:

1. Are we going to have an Embassy Ball before Moura? With more Virtualia activity taking place in Little Aristasia, which is a friends-only area, shouldn't we have a few more "open" events?

Miss Poppy suggests that since Moura Eve falls on a Tuesday this year, it could be our Mardi Gras - after all, it isn't often a Mardi!

However, we shall probably have to do it on the weekend before, which means the weekend after this current one. So we shall have to get our metaphorical skates on and discuss it this weekend.

2. What, if anything, are we proposing to do for Moura itself? Moura disciplines are a personal affair, but families, communities, Sororities etc. often have group Moura-activities.

As our Elektra-community slowly grows, do we wish to make 3327 the first year in which we have group Moura events in Elektra?

One strong possibility that comes to mind (which has already been tried and tested) is the saying of a group Rosary in the White rose Room. Do we want to do this? If so when and how often? One a week would mean 4 during Moura, with perhaps also one on each Hiatus day (it is a two-day Hiatus this year).

Do we want more? Less?

Have we other ideas for Moura activities? Do we want to do these instead? As well?

Please pop your jottings on this thread. What do you want. Even a "yes I'd like to..." or "No I'd hate to..." one-liner is allowed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reply for point two:

I am making it a priority to double-check the rosary pages this weekend and get back to you with my mistakes. It is written down on my desktop in a contrasting colour so that I cannot miss it!

I like the idea of a once-a-week Rosary. I do not think I will be leaving my university during Moura (therefore, no interference from family) so I will volunteer to lead a few, if we have them. (And no fainting this time!)
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, honoured Yu-chei! That will be simply wonderful.

Honoured Elder Sister has made a decision about the first point. We are to have the Mardi Gras Ball at the Embassy next weekend (I think it was Saturday - I must make sure today as I am to send out the notices!) at the same time as the last one.

So everyone who can get into Virtualia is welcome - even if you have never met any of us before.

If you can't get into Virtualia, find out how here - and also see some charming pictures of very early Aristasia-in-Virtualia, including the first Embassy in Neo-Victoria and a very young shroom with no wings!

Don't the graphics look crude compared to, say, Miss Poppy's latest pictures? Now you can see what all that extra processing power is being spent on and why our ordies are burning up!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mardi Gras event has now been fixed.

It is going to be a bal masque and you are invited to attend in costume. Suggested themes are:

Commedia del'Arte characters

Takarazuka characters (e.g. Beusaiyu no Bara)

Any romantic and delightful character of your choice.

However, please note that there are to be no trouserings and (not that it was likely, but you never know with Takarazuka)

Here is a charmingly appropriate clip. Just scroll to 6 minutes 43 seconds into the kinnie.

But if you cannot manage a costume, please do not worry - just come as your own charming self.

This will be the last festive event of 3327 (unless we do something for Med-Moura, but that is likely to be a shade more muted); so do pop along.

The Aristasian Embassy in Virtualia Mardi Gras Bal Masque will be held on

Sarurday the 25th of Brighe (16th February) at:

Pacific Time1 p.m.

Eastern Time 4 p.m.

GMT 9p.m.

Western/Central Europe 10 p.m.

At the Aristasian Embassy in Virtualia.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Elektrastasia Discussion Group All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: