The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Miss Aster Leland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Maiden Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Aster Leland

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Miss Aster Leland Reply with quote

Rayati, ladies!

My name is Aster Leland, and I've only just gotten brave enough to introduce myself. I first got word of Aristasia several months ago from Wikipedia, of all places. It was quite a revelation, and a welcome one, to learn about the Motherland, and it is my dearest hope to someday meet such gracious maids. I was attracted from the first to the idea of a world that did not criminalize natural feminine virtues, that did not ridicule beauty and peace, and I must admit I listened to the anthem often enough that even my long suffering pets got annoyed. After that I realized it was probably time to stick my head in!

As for me, I am a brunette in coloring and temperament from the wilds of Culveria. I most enjoy cooking and the Vikhelic arts, though usually not at the same time. (Culverian sausages can get uppity.) I also read a great deal, implusively buy nice-smelling lotion and weaponry, and try my best to find feminine clothing that isn't better suited for a boudoir. Not easy in hot climates in the Pit, where it seems everyone thinks an extra foot of cloth will surely be the death of them.

I also have a question I hope one of you ladies can help me with. Reading over some of the stories at the Feminine Publishing Company has given me an idea for a little story. I realize it is presumptuous to want to write about Aristasia when I'm so new my paint is still wet, but maybe it's the brunette in me that wants to charge in with all cannons firing at once. Is there possibly a place I could post some, so you more experienced ladies can correct my errors and hopefully derive some amusement?

Warmest regards, and thank you in advance. I look forward to meeting you all in Second Life soon.
Adele Poppy
Administratrix

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati, Miss Leland, and a thousand very warm welcomes! I know exactly what you mean by having to pluck up the courage to introduce oneself. I crept around the sidelines for about 2 years before I did.

Please do post a story--that's what we do here! Well, it's not all we do of course, but it is a very popular occupation. We adore stories.

I am a little confused however: You are a dark-haired brunette? That is quite unusual here, you know. The majority of our brunettes are light-haired for some reason. I have only known one very dark brunette; the rest are honey-brunettes, as we say, just as we have many raven-blondes.

Or is it lemon-brunette? I forget.

But Miss Leland---again, we are very, very happy to meet you. Welcome!
Minami Kohime

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati, Miss Leland and welcome to the Fora!

I must say I felt an immediate sympathy with your words regarding warm climate clothing. I live in South America and I wish I had an infinite stock of fabric for the people I see walking around in these parts. Even a roughly improvised tablecloth would be more dignifying than barely having enough to cover yourself!

I look forward to meeting you soon!

Rayati,

Minami Kohime
Miss Aster Leland

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both!

Miss Poppy, you are very kind, and yes, I do match! Though honey-brunette is a very charming term, I am a brunette-brunette. Is there a specific fora that would be appropriate to post a chapter in?

Miss Kohime- or is it Miss Minami? Your name sounds a bit Estrenne, so I wasn't sure. Anyway, when you said that, I immediately imagined me preserving some girl's modesty with a tablecloth. Yanking it off the table in the manner of dinner-theatre tricks and tossing it over her bared flesh, crying "No fear, lady, I'll find the dogs who took your raiment!". I fear I am a very silly brunette at times. Alas that such solutions are not truly possible! Though I confess I used to play a similar trick when I travelled. Maids from the Southern rural areas of Culveria are often considered what Pittish types call "backward" or "old fashioned", so I used to thicken my accent abominably and use the reputation to get away with turning down collars, buttoning up shirts, and innocently pointing out that, madam, you appear to have forgotten to put a dress on over your slip.
Minami Kohime

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can call me Miss Kohime - or Kohime-chei, like most pettes here do. Although my name is Estrenne, I have put my first name on the front.

I can imagine how charming you would look covering a maid and running after her robbers in a heroine-like manner! And I can only agree with your very clever trick of showing your best southern accent to point the errors in the pittish way of dressing. I just wish we didn't really have to use any tricks to do so. Heehee!
MissJulianna
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati, Miss Leland, and welcome! What a charming and well-written self-introduction. I look forward to meeting you soon.

In amity,
Miss Juliesse
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How lovely to meet you, Miss Leland.

I think diving right in is a fine idea. It is how I do things. I find if I don't dive right in I don't do them at all.

And don't you let Miss Poppy unnerve you - there are other raven-brunettes around. Why there is....

And then there is ...

Uhh - well anyoldhoodly, it sure is nice to meet you.

Actually, literal hair color does not matter at all. Y'are who y'are.

I must say I am intrigued about the nice-smelling weaponry though!

(Don't take too much notice of me - I am like this much of the time).

As for stories - yes! We love them! We can always help with any details of Aristasian custom or life. Write away!

We should probably have a story fory, but since much ends up over with our FPC sisters, it doesn't seem too necessary. Just post in the main Blue Camellia forum.

If you're really shy of that you can use the Chatterbox, which is a kind of scratch-pad. But really, feel free to post in either.

I look forward very much to meeting you and want to tell you that you are just as welcome as a maid can be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati, Miss Leland! How nice to meet another southern Culverian!

Actually, I do know what you mean about nice-smelling weaponry. I use orange oil to keep my wooden weapons in good condition--nice and fresh!
MissJulianna
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is feasible to be a raven brunette . . . I am actually a blonde blonde!
Miss Aster Leland

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your kind words! I have uploaded an avatrix that shows I am as I say. I look forward to posting the first chapter in the next few days, so sharpen your red pens.

Miss Yu, if you don't mind me asking, whereabouts in Southern Culveria are you? I myself am in Florida.
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you in virchers yet, honored Miss Leland?

Do let us know your name there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sylvia Ruger

Location: Loveton Aracadia (Telluria: province of Northern California, Culveria

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Rayati Miss Leland Reply with quote

Rayati Miss Leland, so nice to meet another Culverian Brunette.† †† I myself reside in the province most infected and infested by the Pitt, Kalifornia.† It is also nice to meet another Vikhilic attuned maid as well.† My Virturia Avvie is part of the RAVF or the Royal Arkadyani Vikhilic Forces. If you find yourself inclined to consider Arkadya your home Province I am sure the RAVF can find a post for you if interested.† Drop me a lekkie for information.†† My Tellurian persona often finds herself in strange and exotic places such as Fayetteville North Carolina, Kileen Texas, Columbia South Carolina and Petersberg Virgina just to name a few.† All of this is connected work.† Alas when I find myself in such climes my poor portable Ordie does not handle Virturia very well so I must use the Fora.† I am currently reminding myself why King City CA is not a very nice place, well more to the point Fort Hunter-Liggett, leave it to the Culverian military to find the one part of the California central coast where the average early summer temperature is over 90 degrees.† Only twenty miles to the west is it a nice 63 degrees, and even in King City, twenty or so miles to the east only the low 80's.† I will be in such a condition, ie without access to Virturia for the next several weeks.† †I look forward to seeing you in Virturia and or in the Fora, RayatiMiss Sylvia Ruger(1st Leftenant, RAVF, Vihilic Staff attached to RAVF Expediton to Telluria)
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Miss Leland. I look forward to reading your story.
Violet Viola
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati and warmest welcomes, Miss Leland!

Roses are red,
violets are blue....
Miss Aster Leland

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all very much! Life circumstances kept me away for a bit, but I'm back and I have posted a bit of fluff in the Chatterbox.

I confess I am not in virchers yet, nor have I decided where to settle. Arkadya is certainly beautiful; I thank you for the recommendation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Maiden Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: