The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Opening of the College

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Sai ThamŽ College
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chancandre Aquitaine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: The Opening of the College Reply with quote

On Rhavedi the 9th of Herthe (Saturday the 3rd of January), at noon Pacific time, Sai ThamŽ College will be opening its doors.

The College has existed as proto-College for rather a long time. This is quite in order since a Lay College is as much a hestia (a home) as a place of learning. However the first actual trine (a trine is a third of an academic year) will begin in the new Tellurian year.

On this day we shall dedicate the College and induct some of the original scholars.

On this day also we shall hold an open seminar to which all girls are invited. The subject will be the nature of the Lay College itself, and it will act as the prefatory seminar for the Aristasia 101 course.

The College, which is normally open only to scholars, will be open to any girl who is interested - as will a number of the lectures on the 101 course.

The course is intended to give girls a basic understanding of Aristasia and prepare them for becoming members of the College and community. You may sign up for the course at this meeting.

We warmly invite all of you to attend this first event of our College's life.
Bade great Novarya arise.
Betty Westminster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just discovered Aristasia, I wish to go further and dedicate myself to learning. I can't wait!
MissJulianna
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honored Lhi Raya:

Do the same directions to reach the college still apply? For the benefit of some of the new girls, perhaps you may want to send notecards with the instructions. I recall it being rather tricky when I had detention in the college last August. Otherwise, the girls may want to meet in the Embassy and request a port.

Rayati,
JJ
White Roses

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We shall meet in advance at the Aristasian Embassy. Anyone who arrives late (or cannot find the Embassy) should IM Adele Poppy.
MissJulianna
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati, Honored Lhi Raya:

One ore question, if I may: Is uniform dress required for the Saturday meeting, or will normal day-wear suffice?

Thank you,
Jullianna Juliesse
Chancandre Aquitaine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat day-wear is best for all except established scholars of the College. Once you are registered for 101 we can consider the question of uniform.
Bade great Novarya arise.
AshinBrigid

Location: Ladybright Manor, near Jenilow, Arcadia (In Telluria I live in Clovis, Culveria)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking forward to coming tomorrow so dreffly, but now Miss Britt has the day off and needs to catch up on work things... so I am trying to talk her into letting me use it for a while, but I cannot promise if I will be able to come or not, alas! Business Blondes can be so horribly stubborn, you see. But I will try my best!
Mahalakshmi, obeisance to Thee.
The Hymn To Mahalakshmi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Minami Kohime

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it is ok to post this directly in this topic, but I shall also apologise for not being able to attend the ceremony. And the very same reason why I could not be present earlier at Virchers is also the reason why I cannot go back to it. Something about my video card and others things I don't quite understand. I shall look into this matter as soon as the week starts.

But for now I must say how good it was too see some of you at the Embassy, although for a too short moment. And, hoping to see you all again soon, Rayati!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Sai ThamŽ College All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: