The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Miss Poppy's Diary of Extraordinary Events
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> The Aristasia Diaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adele Poppy
Administratrix

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Miss Poppy's Diary of Extraordinary Events Reply with quote

Well!

I don't know if you girls know that Fraulein Landgrebe is visiting me here in Culveria. Well, she IS! She arrived Friday, and here it is Tuesday with nothing to show for it. Except a TON of snapsies; but you wouldn't be interested in those, would you? They are just of the two of us...nothing very interesting. You already know what we look like. Boring. But we also had shots of an up-to-date fire engine, our amassed liquor bottles and tipped-over glasses, the skyline of Santa Francisca as seen from a boat on the Bay, me hunting frantically for...well for something new every few hours since I do tend to lose things. But Fraulein very considerately captured my confusion on camera.

Oh, and though we didn't take photos of it we did go see a gypsy "psychic therapist" in our quest to find some magic that would permit us to eat as much as we liked without gaining weight, which she did...sort of. But she did worm my legal first name from me which none of you have ever heard. In fact I had forgotten about it till today. Y'all would laugh so I won't tell you what it is, but she told me that I am a GOOD PERSON and that everything would be all right. I am so relieved. I will also be offered a fabulous real estate deal in February (I am expecting it to be addressed to my legal first name for some reason) and I must avoid sleep medications (double dratters) and there will be trouble between me and someone from my past whose feelings I hurt (this has to do with money) AND: I will adopt a child. This was because she didn't believe I didn't want to spawn one. She was really very determined about it. Finally, after much disagreement from me and baffled insistence from her, Fraulein intervened and said that she would give me any children that she happened to have. That seemed to calm the psychic therapist a little bit. But I worry that I won't be able to give them back when the time comes (well, what DO you do with them when they're...empty or dirty or whatever?) and Fraulein probably will tell me just to put them out on the curb with the recycling on Thursday night.

There is a huge charge for large-load recycling pickups. And we're supposed to pay it? Mrs. Poppy would never agree.

Another thing is: Fraulein Landgrebe is taller than I thought she would be, almost as tall as I am once we convert our heights to inches, which is what we did before we stood back to back. Before we did that I was MUCH taller. And her hands are much smaller than mine.

Today we had our legs massaged by tiny Estrenne slave girls. Really, they were so little. They laughed and spoke in their pretty musical language (Fraulein insists they were discussing our enormous Westrenne toes or something) as they rubbed and petted our feet and legs which were really quite needy after our ENDLESS Alcatraz hike yesterday.

Darlings, I am exhausted after our day of complete blondeness (spa, shopping, eating all we liked without gaining weight, psychic therapy, eating lots of ice cream without weight gain, eating lots of sushi and drinking GALLONS of sake. No weight gain.) (Fraulein suggested that I tell you all about our breakfast, but that was before we consulted the psychic therapist and had that little problem removed. So it is not of great interest. But there were lots of sausages and potatoes cooked in various delicious ways.)(I couldn't resist.)

Here is a picture of the progressive disintegration we underwent during an evening's cocktails. They were manhattans and they were SO delicious that we drank LOTS of them. At least we are told that we did. We don't recall very clearly.

[Edit: No. Sorry, darlings. The piccies are being impossible currently. I'll ask someone who understands these things to help me pop them in tomorrow.]
Daffodil Finesmith
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Miss Poppy's Diary of Extraordinary Events Reply with quote

Adele Poppy wrote:

[Edit: No. Sorry, darlings. The piccies are being impossible currently. I'll ask someone who understands these things to help me pop them in tomorrow.]

Piccies soaked in Manhattans do tend to be stubborn things! Will you have a chance to take the Juffrouw to the Ferry Farmer's Market? Geef haar een kus van me, astublieft.

Have a wonderful visit together!
Padraica Yatsenko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massages! By blondes! (Obviously by blondes.) You lucky girls, you.

I need to see some evidence of all of the comestibles and quaffables consumed - in other words, evidence that y'all are getting a proper, balanced diet.

*ahem*

(Enjoy your holiday, darlings. Never mind the veggies.)
Adele Poppy
Administratrix

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ik geef haar graag een kus. She says "dank je wel."

We MAY go to the Ferry Farmer's Market, if there is time. Thanks for the tip, darling.
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am terribly pleased to know you are both having such fun.

I hope that psychic lady was right about the food, darlings. I suppose she must be. At any rate, who am I to argue with the spirit realm?

But tales of Alcatraz fascinate me. Have you any more, darling? Did they lock you up? Did you manage to escape? Must I start baking cakes with files inside? Do let me know - I shall turn the oven on immediately.

Rayati.
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darling you are indeed a very good person and it seems to me that you have adopted at least one child already - in fact you do tend to adopt us waifs and strays at a rather alarming rate.

What can I say. I know we are an awful trial, but we all adore you if that is any consolation.

I am delighted to see two of my favorite people having a wonderful and well-deserved vacation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adele Poppy
Administratrix

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: In the Swing with My Little Sister Reply with quote

Sometimes it is very nice to have a sister, isn't it?
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is awfy nice.

I am blessed with the dearest Aristasian sisters ever. I really don't know what I should do without them.

When life is fine and skies are fair
A sister comes to muss your hair.
But when your soul is racked with care
You'll always find dear sister there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Adele Poppy
Administratrix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:55 am    Post subject: Visiting Fraulein Landgrebe Reply with quote

"Visiting" is such a strange inconclusive little word for what I am doing, actually. Apart from imposing terribly, I am:
1. Getting blisters on my toes from walking so much. And I trusted those shoes, too.
2. Eating. But that's nothing new.
2a. Eating herring from a haringkar (the herring booths in the street), followed by a shot of jenever.
3. Accompanying Fraulein to her rehearsals
4. Eating some more.
5. Eating leftovers in bed.
6. Shopping for a third pair of boots
7. Oh! I found some white leather gloves that fit!
8. Other things I don't remember. All that jenever, you know.
9. Going to a concert in Amsterdam last night at the Concertgebouw.

My super power (getting excellent parking places) has not diminished. We parked across the street from Fraulein's house--an occurrance she assured me was very rare. We gave thanks to Murray the Parking Goddess.

Fraulein had her eyebrows shaped yesterday. She was very brave about this painful procedure (only cried a little bit--"There goes my reputation," she says.)

Oh, I forgot: we went on a boat tour in Amsterdam yesterday. We saw a cormorant eating a large fish. The fish objected but eventually was overruled. As we floated serenely through the canals, Fraulein (a very great brunette-about-town) indicated places she had taken her dates. "Oh, Miss So-and-So and I went there for..." whatever the activities were. I didn't pay attention, since they didn't involve ME. You know how vain I am.

I left the psu for my bedinator at home in Santa Francisca. And I only brought one pearl earring for some reason, so I am not only lopsided but also reduced to borrowing Fraulein's bedinator which has many odd diacritical marks that taunt my efforts at typing properly.

Naturally, one would expect jet lag to take its toll and it did. But! I have a terrific remedy for jet lag: Espresso and beer. Pop into a cafe and order an espresso and a beer. Drink both. Go on your increasingly merry way. Eventually of course one must make a neccessary stop at another cafe. One orders another espresso and another beer. And so on. Voila: no jet lag. Perhaps a tiny bit of trouble walking but that is no matter when you are with a very nice local brunette who picks you up when you topple over accidentally.

Oh. And it's COLD. Cold cold cold. But at least it's not raining or whatever form precipitation takes in this barbarous latitude. Or is it longitude?

Darlings! We are having SUCH fun! Must run now and have more of it, but I'll keep you posted.

Rayati from 's Gravenhage!
MissJulianna
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati, Miss Poppy:

I was thinking about you on your day of travelling and am glad you arrived at Chez Fraulein safely. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time abroad. . . The Netherlands are truly being graced by your blonde presence.

Enjoy your stay!
JJ
Daffodil Finesmith
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Miss Poppy you have brought back a flood lovely memories! Not just of Herring and Bols but of patat frites met... and croquetjes... and gerookte paling... and, mmmm, stroopwafel! If it does rain, perhaps with enough jenevers the Juffrouw might be coaxed to sing 'Onder Moeder's Paraplu?'

Geven de Juffrouw noog een kus van mij. And please write more of your adventures if you have time.

Rayati and enjoy your time together,
Miss Daffodil
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cold and sunny but ...

Onder moeder's paraplu
Liepen eens twee kindjes
Hanneke en Janneke
Dat waren beste vrindjes

Lalalalalala....I don't know the rest of the words.

I am feeding Miss Poppy patat met and kroket tonight and frikandel speciaal.
MissJulianna
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh please post some snapsies when you can!

Rayati,
JJ
Adele Poppy
Administratrix

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Report from The Hague Reply with quote

Well! As you probably know, I am still here in The Hague with Fraulein Landgrebe. I may just stay here with her and buy a cute little apartment with an arched door and arched windows that look as though they were lifted bodily (if that is the right word) from a hobbit's warren. Incredibly charming.

Ummm. It's hard to wake up when the air is so cold and the bed is so warm. Surely I have passed the jet lag stage. Well, another couple of days of the beer/espresso combo platter may be called for! Fraulein brings me coffee in bed! SUCH a hostess! I haven't tried ordering a beer first thing in the morning. She might pour it on my head.

We went to a neighborhood called "Papaverhof" yesterday. It consists of a circle of Art Neo houses around a central park which was FROZEN! Really! I am from California. "Frozen" is a terribly exotic condition when it takes place outside the kitchen freezer. I took photos, but...hee. I forgot the little attachment which transfers the photos from the memory stick to the ordie.

Today we are going to Texel island, in the North. It's a resort during the season but very reasonable off-season. We'll take the train there. And guess what? We're going to write the contest we told you about during the ride. Stay tuned.

Rayati for now. Smooch!
Charlotte Eleanor Laraway
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh it all sounds like so much fun!

And the game has already become a contest! I'm so curious to find out what you come up with! I thought it was such a lovely idea of you two!

Have a wonderful day,
Charlotte
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> The Aristasia Diaries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: