The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jullianna's Musings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> The Aristasia Diaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Candace Bethune

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Miss Juliesse, I must add my voice to the chorus of those who understand your pain. I have a good psychiatrist and an amazing therapist, and if it were not for them, I could not function at all. I do think that a tendency toward depression is very common among Aristasians, and as has been suggested, having to dwell in the Pit must be a factor.

Do lean on those who love you. Remember your Aristasian family is here for you!
MissJulianna
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so touched by the outpouring of love and support from all of you. Aristasia is such a splendid network of sisters. I am amazed that my ramblings of this morning have generated so many kind words of encouragement from you all. Each of you, in her way, has helped me through my day. Tommorow will be a better day because of you.

Rayati and much love,

Miss Jullianna (who is feeling better after pizza and cuddles from her child)
MissJulianna
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Another Thing That Made My Day Worth It. . . Reply with quote

Today is Tuesday. I work until 6:30, don't get in until 7, which in my world is late enough to throw the delicate balance of things off.

Well, as I have mentioned earlier today, I have been feeling not quite myself. Discouraged. Still getting over the flu. Fighting off the physical effects of depression. Just fighting my way through the fog that has overtaken my brain and my body to get through the day, never mind figuring out WHY I even bother.

I pulled intp my back yard and looked up at my house, all lit up. My mother, who has been with my child all day (who is sick too), left the curtains open in my kitchen. Usually, this bothers me. It looks messy from inside the house, and when the club is in season I feel as if I am on display for the whole world. But tonight, I was afforded with a wonderful answer to my doubts.

As I slammed my car door shut, I looked up to the window and saw my child bouncing into the kitchen, clean and shiny and already in jammies. Smiling.

I smiled, took a deep breath and went home to my second job. Correction: My real raison d'etre. (Excuse the poor French; too lazy to look up spelling.)

'Nuff Said.

JJ
MissJulianna
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Miss Jullianna and the Treadmill: Day 2 Reply with quote

My new friend, Miss Precor Treadmill, was waiting for me at our appointed hour this afternoon.

After spending thirty minutes and walking two miles with her, I am refreshed, renewed, and quite proud of myself. I also availed myself of some of the leg and hip torture devices, as well as a lovely stretch. (How lucky I am to work where I do!)

As a side note, I had a conversation with my boss this morning about the levels of work and stress I am experiencing, and Mr. Boss encouraged me to exercise daily. So now I no longer need to feel guilty about taking this time away from my desk.

Life is looking up, for today.

Love to you all,
Miss Jullianna
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that sounds good! Exercise is supposed to be good for relieving stress and depression. So is the scent of vanilla.
Charlotte Eleanor Laraway
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How wonderful to hear Miss Juliesse! I do hope it goes on like this!

In amity,
Charlotte
Daffodil Finesmith
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, dear sister, I am glad to hear you are feeling more positive today!

I am not acquainted with Miss Treadmill so I try to 'run' (really it is walking quickly with a bouncy, hopping motion) two miles twice a week through my neighborhood as the weather permits. It is hard to start (I dread it every time) but then find that afterward I am flushed and panting and feeling much better and happier than when I started. Something to do with your 'inner dolphins' or something.

And... yes, isn't it wonderful to unexpectedly see your happy home objectively, literally from the outside looking in, now and again? I too have experienced exactly the same thing you describe. You felt shivers of a cosy warmth flowing through you, didn't you?

Rayati darling,
Miss Daffodil
MissJulianna
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Morning Tea with Miss Precor Treadmill Reply with quote

Rayati, Dear Ones:

I awoke after a rather fitful sleep and decided to have a morning meeting with Miss Precor Treadmill, rather than waiting until lunch. I am slowly getting stronger. We spent 35 minutes together and walked for 2.25 miles. I was even able to jog (badly) for several minutes at a time.

Miss Treadmill was kind enough to introduce me to several of her friends this morning: Miss Free Weight and Miss Paramount.

This is taking a conscious act of will, but I find my mood improving. This morning, I was even singing to myself as I started the laundry. I cannot remember the last time I did this! Here's the song:

Well I'll keep on moving, moving on
Things are bound to be improving
These days, These days. . . .

Rayati and have a wonderful day. I love you all!

Miss Jullianna
Charlotte Eleanor Laraway
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's it, Miss Juliesse! Keep on moving, moving on... can you hear us singing along with you?

Lots of love,
Charlotte
MissJulianna
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it is the medication I am taking for my sinus infection. Prednisone, while it works wonders during the day, does funny things to the old brain at night. I am filled with an abundance of energy and ideas that I just cannot shut off when I am supposed to be at rest.

In any event, I actually dreamed of Virtualia last night. This is the first time this has ever happened.

We were at the Embassy, but instead of the usual 5 or 6 of us--or perhaps our larger gatherings--there were more girls than I could even count! Miss Poppy and Fraulein were tanko-ing away, and Miss Madonna was swirling in the center of the room. Yu-chei was in her uniform, but it was hard to find her, because there were so many other teenies in uniform milling through the crowd, so many that the names over their heads were a blur.

In addition to the plethora of teenies, there were many finely dressed grown-ups, blondes and brunettes, so many names I had never seen in Virtualia.

And they were all at our Embassy. So many that carrying on a group conversation was next to impossible. I found myself wandering through the crowd, looking for Madonna-chei or Yu-chei to talk to, just to ground myself.

And then I woke up.

Hmmm. . .
Minami Kohime

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, could this dream be a prelude to the future of Aristasia-in-Virtualia? That would be so wonderful! Well, I guess it would be more wonderful if one could get along with any of the pettes present and not fin herself lost and rather dizzy with so many girls. Teehee!

I had a dream once, when I also dreamed about Sai Thame College. The College was a real building placed in Telluria and I was actually attending it in my Lillian uniform. It was quite charming! Girls were looking at me and asking if I was really Minami Kohime. I didn't know what to say, until I saw a long, silver hair floating on top of my head. It even had my blue ribbon too! My, I was so startled... (Mainly because I have short black hair) But it felt great to see I was meeting aristasian pettes for real. At least, for real until I woke up. Hee!

I hope you have gotten better from that flu, and will pray that the medication doesn't rob you of your rest at night.
MissJulianna
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Decluttering Reply with quote

Rayati, dear ones:

Dare I say it: The malaise that has been hovering over me for nearly a month seems to have passed. Physically, emotionally, and in terms of my motivation level.

Now that I am emerging from the fog, I am suddenly hyper-sensitve to clutter! I have been looking around my house and realizing how badly I must have been feeling to let all these bits and pieces pile up everywhere, in spite of my best efforts. For weeks, it was all I could do just to slog through the day.

Clearing clutter frees up emotional space, if it is done in the proper fashion. At first, I was daunted by it all: the messy closets, dresser drawers, home/work office, child's play room, bedrooms, etc. But I do think I have come up with a satisfactory and very WORKABLE solution.

For 15 minutes each morning and evening, I will work on a tiny piece of clutter. Whether it is the odds and ends piling up on top of my microwave, the junk in my nightstand drawer, or the handbags piling up in my closet. I am starting to feel like I can breathe again. An ordered environment leads to an ordered mind.

Perhaps this is a signal the winter is almost over, and spring cleaning can begin! (Ah, Spring Cleaning, the outward symbol of inner rebirth!)

Enough said!

In amity,
Miss Juliesse
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note on spring cleaning - In Aristasia this is actually Moura cleaning. the idea is that during the penitential season we purify the hestia as well as the soul, preparing both for the resurrection of the Daughter and the New Year.

So the cleaning is not so much in spring as for spring (which begins on 1st Culverine/21st March).

I must confess my room is overwhelmed with clutter and I hardly know how or where to begin, but perhaps I should try to tackle it and enter the new year with some semblance of material order!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Jiejie, I am so glad that you are finally feeling better!

I've found that cleaning can be rather satisfying work, because you can see the progress you are making. I hope that it is the same way for you!
MissJulianna
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Spring Cleaning Reply with quote

Rayati, Dearest Ones:

It is a beautiful sunny day here in New England, Culveria. We are expecting weather in the mid-70s today, which is a welcome relief after the long, dreary, and arduous winter.

Time for spring cleaning! This morning, I did three loads of laundry, made beds, ran the dishwasher, and made lovely cheese omeletes for me and my child (child of course did not care for the fare). I also washed all the windows in my living room and dining room. All the screens have been washed, the woodwork polised, and the windows left wide open to dry.

The is the indescribable smell of the ocean air blowing through my hestia: clean, salty, and warm.

I am optimistic and happy!

In amity,
Miss Juliesse
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> The Aristasia Diaries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: