The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Daffodil's Diary
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> The Aristasia Diaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daffodil Finesmith
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Daffodil's Diary Reply with quote

Well Miss Madonna, I shall begin herewith. I thought to name my diary something less boringly descriptive, possibly using lots of alliteration- (Darling Daffodil's Demented Deliberations?)- but got a bit shy about it at the last minute. Anyway here goes...
Daffodil Finesmith
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: building in virtualia Reply with quote

I am an artist of sorts (the sculptress sort, in fact) in physicalia so it wasn't long before I found myself fascinated with the possibility of building all sorts of lovely things. My very first efforts were disasters (a vintesse coat that looked a bit more like green strips of cardboard- ugh).

My first success-an Adirondack Chair:

Here Miss Elytis and I are sitting on the veranda of the Aristasia Mansion enjoying the view. The chairs are nearly identical copies to ones I have on the deck outside my back door. I think copying from phyicalia helped a bit.

Last edited by Daffodil Finesmith on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daffodil Finesmith
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my explorations of Virtualia I came across a nice amusment park with lots of free rides- Encog's Amusement Park - (157, 234, 22 ). Encog has been generous enough to provide freebie toys one of which is a speed boat-

I know absolutely nothing about scripting and plan to keep it that way (you should too- if I start fiddling around with scripts I'm liable to bungle up virtualia with all number of wrenches).

However I thought the boat had potential to be turned into a Trentish Chris Craft. So I made some modifications:

Wowsers, did I ever learn a lot on this project! It's the bees knees if I do say so myself.

Last edited by Daffodil Finesmith on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daffodil Finesmith
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While shopping for a summer outfit I came across a matching purse. A proper purse is a practical accessory- where is a girl to keep her lipstick or speed boat after all?

I have always loved the Hermes Grace Kelly Bag and wondered, "Why not?"

Now I have one! Yay!

While I was at it, I also made a Tarkor little back purse-

I snipped the script for holding it from the purse I purchased. For some reason the Tarkor bag script works automatically but the Hermes bag asks my permission each time? Well, at least I didn't bring about Armageddon (not yet anyway).

Any Aristasian Pettes who wish to have one my creations has only to ask.

Last edited by Daffodil Finesmith on Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on being the first to diarize, Miss Finesmith.

And congratulations too on your splendid creations and adaptations. I adore your speedboat and loved the rides you took me on. I am ready for another any ol' time!

I shall be popping some diarisms soonly, I hope.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Daffodil Finesmith
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few nights ago I waxed fatalistic to Miss Madonna saying, "What will be, will be," to be exact. Miss Madonna in turn reminded me of Miss Doris Day's song 'Que Sera Sera.' Which in turn reminded me that I LOVE Miss Day!

Here she is singing 'Secret Love:'

And here you can listen to 'Que Sera Sera:'

MissJulianna
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Your handbags are divine Reply with quote

Miss Finesmith: Your handbags are so beautiful! I have always wanted a Kelly Bag, and if I may be so bold I shall take you up on your kind offer of sharing your beautiful creations.

In SL, I am Jullianna Juliesse (2 "L"s no the Jullianna). I do hope I see you there soon.

Rayati and kind Regards,

Jullianna Juliesse
Daffodil Finesmith
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of Course, my dear! I have just now dropped one of each in the mail for you. They should be on your doorstep when you arrive home in Virtualia.

It seems we have repeatedly managed to miss each other in Virtualia! I do hope that unfortunate circumstance shall soon be corrected.
Daffodil Finesmith
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have stubbornly been trying to improve my purses. I am unhappy with their rigid look- as if they were carved from wood (plywood even?) and I want to have them appear more, oh, naturally pliable, I suppose.

I mentioned my trouble to Lt. Cmdr. Strauss who is the 'go to' gal as far I'm concerned. She assigned me some reading and hours later my head is brimming over with terms like 'sculpted cube prims' and 'perfect UV space.'

Here is a blue alligator purse in progress:

After some more adjustments to the stitching etc., it will be a matter of properly importing it into virtualia and attaching a handle. Fingers XXed!

While taking a break from reading, I had a pleasant conversation with Fraulein Landgrebe. It turns out that she lives not very far from where I spent summers with my grandparents as a child! It was fun reminiscing about the food and landmarks and speaking the language together. Well, I mostly demolished the language but I could understand the Juffrouw quite well.

Rayati for now
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a *very* pretty purse, Juffrouw Finesmith. I am most impressed, as I was with your command of the language.
Daffodil Finesmith
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!
(excuse me a mome while I dance about the fora...)

I did it! I am so happy. After many hours of study and being surrounded by heaps of uploaded and deleted scraps of alligator textures I have done it. (In the process I have also acquired a perfect loathing for 'perfect UV space' but never mind, I shall get over that eventually)

Here is my newest purse-

This green version literally took just one second to create after the blue one was done. I simply dipped it in yellow die! The silver hardware became gold and the blue turned green-

Whoopee! (permit me to feel just a little smug and proud, will you?)

My earlier offer still applies... if you'd like a copy just let me know. Juffrouw? Blue or Green or both?
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, Miss Finesmith. You have every reason to be smug and dance around the fora. It is a very beautiful purse and I should LOVE to have one. I am utterly enchanted by the green one. Thank you, darling.
Daffodil Finesmith
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of you may know that I enjoy cooking. Earlier this summer I snapped up a cookbook from the renowned New York City restaurant and former Speakeasy "21." A simple side dish caught my eye and I tried it out... on guests, no less- thereby breaking my rule of never trying out a new dish for company. But just by reading it, I knew it would be yummy. (I suppose it might be like being able to read a musical score and hearing the notes?) I have been making this recipe all summer to rave reviews and thought I might share it with you. It's absurdly easy and wonderfully delicious:

Baked Tomato and Zucchini au Gratin

3 lbs ripe plum tomatoes
3 lbs firm zucchini
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tblspns chopped flat leaf parsley
1 tblspn chopped fresh thyme
1 tblspn chopped fresh oregano
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil

Preheat the oven to 375° f. Slice the tomatoes and zucchini into 1/4" thick round slices as uniformly as you can. On a cookie sheet or ovenproof platter, overlap the tomato and zucchini slices in a decorative fashion, like shingles on a gingerbread house. Blend all the dry ingredients together, then scatter them evenly over the tomatoes and zucchini. Sprinkle olive oil on top and bake until golden and crusty, about 20 min. Present the platter or, using a cake server or metal spatula, slide several overlapping pieces onto each diner's plate.

You can substitute or add yellow squash. I have served this with grilled chicken, steak and poached fish.

(I made this yesterday for a dinner party, plum tomatoes weren't available at the market so I used larger ones. Since it was a large crowd I tripled the recipe. It quickly disappeared!)

Charlotte Eleanor Laraway
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati Miss Daffodil,
that looks absolutely splendid! I will have to try it out! And it is just the right time of year to - we have so may herbs, zuccinis and tomatoes in our garden right now!
Thank you so much for sharing!
Rayati,
Charlotte
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Miss Finesmith, do please be careful darling. posting such mouth-watering recipes is likely to cause you to find yourself knee-deep in house guests!

The reaction at my house was, "We really MUST arrange a visit to Miss Finesmith's kitchen!"

I am certain you will cope splendidly with the hordes should they one day descend upon you and your zucchini.

Rayati darling - and thank you for the inspiration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> The Aristasia Diaries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: