The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The End

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Avendale Storyboard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: The End Reply with quote

"I say Beatrice, isn't that your aunt?" Diana looked out of the window.

"My aunt?"

"Yes, Helen Drummond."

Beatrice's gaze followed the direction Diana's finger pointed. "Oh no! She's leaving!"

"Leaving?"

"Lady Camille is leaving." Beatrice ran out of the room.

---

"Darling! Yoohoo! Hurry sweetie. I'm thirsty."

Lady Camille grinned as she walked towards the car.

"Minnie. Minnie?" Helen Drummond waved her chauffeuse over.

"Yes ma'am?"

"Perhaps it's best you drive, darling. Don't look so relieved. I think I did pretty well on our way here."

"Yes ma'am."

"Lady Camille!" Beatrice came running from the front door.

"Lady Camille!"

"Who is that girl, Camille? A new toy? Isn't she a bit young? Oh, such an adorable uniform. And a brunette? Ah, but she's cute. Is she coming too?" Helen Drummond waved at Beatrice.

"No, she's not coming."

"Oh. Oh, I see. Well, let's go then."

Lady Camille sighed. "Go back inside, Beatrice!"

"No! You cannot leave!"

"We talked about this yesterday."

"You have to stay!"

"No, Beatrice, I don't have to stay. I'm going back home with Helen. Don't worry, this Camille won't disturb anyone or anything at Endeline Towers anymore. I'll just go and disappear. It's best for everyone."

Lady Camille turned around to walk away but Beatrice ran over, grabbed her legs and held on tight. "Don't leave me."

"Beatrice, let go of me. I'm not leaving you, I'm leaving Endeline Towers."

"Same thing! It's what you always do. When things get tough Camille runs away. Don't run away this time."

Lady Camille looked down into Beatrice's face. She caressed the girl's cheek. "I'm sorry I hit you."

"You were allowed to hit me. I behaved badly."

"I hit you in anger. Will you forgive me?"

Helen Drummond tapped her long fingers on the roof of her car. "I say, Camille, can you wrap this little scene up? I'm dying for a drink."

"Please stay. You can end this. Just stay."

"You don't understand, Beatrice. I can't do this. I don't know how to get rid of this curse. So many before me tried and failed. I'm just going to be another one of those."

"They didn't try! They failed because they *didn't* try. How do you know you will fail if you don't stay to try?"

"I...er.."

"Yoohoo! Darling! Martinis? Oh, and there is this powder room issue I'd like to solve soon too. Get in the car Camille."

"Please try!"

Beatrice felt a familiar headache coming up. From the corner of her eye she saw the figure of a tall and slim brunette approach.

"Camille! I'm leaving!"

"Oh, shut up Helen!"

Helen Drummond's eyes opened wide in surprise. "Shut up?...Shut up? Who do you think you're talking to? You wrote me a letter begging me to come and rescue you. I drove all the way from Milchford to get you out of this forsaken country house. And this is what you tell me? Shut up? That's IT! Stay with your new pet. I wish you all the luck in the world. But next time a gambling debt has to be settled don't come running to me. I'm done with you, Camille. Minnie! We're leaving."

Helen Drummond got in the car and slammed the door shut. Minnie backed the car back onto the path and drove away.

"Come Beatrice." Lady Camille pulled the girl back on her feet. "Let's go back inside."

"Do you see her?"

Lady Camille nodded. "I'm a bit nervous."

Beatrice too the elder brunette's hand. Together they walked towards the front door where Miss May, Mistress Baines and a group of pupils had gathered. The spirit of Camille followed closely. Girls moved aside to let them pass. Beatrice glanced back at Camille following them. She looked tense but hopeful, expectant. At the foot of the stairs they stopped. Lady Camille looked up. Lady Endeline stood at the top of the stairs and looked down at the couple.

"Camille, I thought you were leaving."

"Most honoured aunt. I should like to stay if you'll permit it."

Lady Endeline gave her niece a hesitant smile. "Certainly"

Lady Camille looked at the spirit of her ancestor who now stood on her right. She nodded. Camille smiled brightly.

Lady Camille squeezed Beatrice's hand and together with Camille they ascended the stairs. At the top they turned left into the blondes' hallway. Lady Camille stopped in front of the first door and let go of Beatrice's hand.

"This was her room."

Beatrice nodded. "I know."

"I'm scared. What will I say?"

"She will do the talking."

The spirit of Camille looked questioningly at Lady Camille, asking permission. Lady Camille nodded and closed her eyes. Camille smiled and stepped into the body so like the one she had once owned. She took a deep breath and stepped back. She was slightly unstable.

"Are you all right?" Beatrice asked.

Camille looked at the young brunette. "Yes, it's just..it has been a long time." Camille looked at the door and then back at Beatrice. "Thank you, Beatrice Avery."

Beatrice reverenced. Then Camille walked towards the door and opened it.

"Darling?" A soft, light voice came from the room. "Darling, what are you doing here? I thought you'd be on your way to court by now."

"I was. But I'm staying with you."

"What are you talking about? The queen is not going to like this much."

"The queen will understand."

"Are you sure? You will be back in winter."

"I'm sure. I'm staying with you."

Colette giggled. "You silly thing. All set on going and now you're staying after all. Well, I'm glad, I shall not deny it. I'm glad you're staying."

Beatrice peeked around the corner and looked into the room. Colette sat up in bed, a pale and frail beauty. Camille sat on her knees beside the bed, holding Collete's hands. She kissed them.

"I'm so sorry I left."

"You are here now."

They kissed.

Beatrice quickly closed her eyes and turned her attention to a particularly nice vase in the hallway.

Not long after Lady Camille came out of the room and closed the door. She took Beatrice's hand. "All right, doll face?"

Beatrice beamed. "Yes, ma'am."

"Let's go and see if Miss May has something to eat."

Together they walked down the stairs in the direction of the kitchens.

"I say, you never told me how such a cute little Arciadian pette came to be a pupil at Avendale in Trent. You'd best tell me all about it over a nice cup of rose tea."

"Yes, Lady Camille"

"Lady Camille?" Lena curtseyed.

"Yes Lena?"

"Mistress Baines sent me to tell you that under the circumstances your appointment of this afternoon will be cancelled. But she would like to make sure you understand she still expects to see you tomorrow at the regular time."

Lady Camille sighed. "Oh, very well. Lena, be a doll and fetch me my cigarettes. I'm dying for a smoke."

Last edited by Cecile Landgrebe on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Miss Adele.
Daffodil Finesmith
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Poppy has chills. I have those too, plus damp cheeks. The story is so very bittersweet. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Avendale Storyboard All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: