The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Avendale Storyboard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Cake Reply with quote

“Now where’s that nervous brunette girl? Is she not here? I thought she was in detention with you.” Miss May, poured the girls each a cup of rose scented tea.

Miss May, the cook, was very much liked by the Avendale pupils. She loved pampering them with cups of tea and lots of sweets. She believed that sweet food helped form a sweet character. This is, of course, nonsense. But the girls didn’t mind very much.

“No, Miss May, Beatrice is awfully busy being smug over her famous aunt.” Juniper replied.

“Oh yes, I heard she is Miss Helen Drummond’s little niece.”

Harriet pinched Juniper’s arm. “Don’t be mean, Juniper. I saw her coming from the library. She didn’t look well at all. I hope she is all right.”

“I should imagine she is tired after a night like you’ve had. Why were you out of bed in the first place?”

“We were going to rescue a mysterious lady under a tree, Miss.”

“A mysterious lady?” Miss May frowned.

“Yes,” Harriet added, “she stood under a tree in the storm. She was smoking a cigarette I believe.”

Miss May turned from the girls to cut the chocolate cake she had made for them. “The girl oughta stay in her room as she’s told. Causing trouble wherever she goes.”

“I’m sorry Miss May…Who is trouble?” Juniper asked.

“You girls are. You cause poor Mistress Baines a whole lot of trouble she does not need.”

“We are awfully sorry about that, Miss May,” Mengxia whispered. She had trouble looking over the big kitchen table. It was obviously made for tall maids and gardeners, not for little Estrenne schoolgirls.

“I’m sure you are. I’m surprised you can all still sit so comfortably. You were lucky. Mistress Baines is not the type to sit and wait for girls to write during a detention. She must have been tired. Better take it from me that next time she catches you out of bed you’ll be a whole lot sorrier.”

“But we had to save the lady.”

“That lady doesn’t need saving. Best stay as far away from her as possible.”

Juniper sat up straight. “Who is she? Is she a maiden hiding from an evil professor? A poor orphan girl Lady Endeline took in when she was 10 and who then turned out to be a princess? Oh she *must* be a princess.”

“She is no such thing. Girl, where do you come up with these stories? I’m telling you to stay away from Camille, she’s trouble.

“Oh! Her name is Camille! What a *romantic* name. Now I *know* she is the duchess of Ellengard believed to have been lost at sea when she was 12. I’m sure she was saved by a fisherwoman. She had lost her memory, didn’t even know her own name.”

“Hush, Juniper.” Harriet saw the cook’s face darken.

“She was wearing a Trentish dress, so she believed she had to come here to find out her true identity. Lady Endeline found her wandering the streets of Milchford. She very kindly took the young girl in because she had such good manners. Miss May, you *must* go and tell her she is the duchess of Ellengard! I’m sure her family will want to see her.”

“Now listen to me, Juniper Halifax. That woman is dangerous. I am dead serious. You WILL stay away from her. If I as much as hear you whisper her name to anyone I will see to it that you will be standing up for the rest of your stay here at Endeline Towers.”

Juniper paled. “Yes, ma’am.”

“Harriet, you are a sensible girl. This goes for you too. You are to stay away from her.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

Miss May looked at Mengxia who sank down under the table as far as she dared.

“Yes, ma’am.”

“Good. I think you girls need more cake.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Avendale Storyboard All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: