The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Statistics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Finances and Incomes Discussion Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More good news!

Google has 'spidered' us and is now beginning to list our site at the search engines.

I can hardly begin to explain how well we are doing. We have been online for less that 2 weeks and we already have two pages listed in the top thirty site pages with Google.

Go to Google and type in "perfect stockings". Look on the third page of the results that Google brings back. At number 28 you will find Miss Poppy's "Perfect Stockings" page.

Miss Poppy, you are a genius, darling! Your page is currently at number 28 out of 325,000 pages Google has identified as being relevant to that keyword.

If you go back to Google and type in "1950s fashion blog" you will find us at number 8 on the list out of 302,000 pages.

Other pages are listed further down their respective search results lists - eight other pages are occupying positions further down Google's lists. (e.g. "1950s fashion" - we are at number 131 out of 2,420,000 pages!)

BUT they are moving up.

A professional Website marketing company will tell you that they can help you win keywords with Google after about 3 months and thousands of dollars worth of work. We have started to accomplish the same thing after just a few days and at no cost.

The good news is rolling in thick and fast - and remember:

The best is yet to be!

Now write about fashion for me will you? I am beginning to write a page about 1930s fashion but I need you all to help me.

Miss Poppy - I am relying on you to lead the way as soon as you get home, darling.

Can we do it girls? I think we probably can!
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Adele's article ranks 25th in my search.

The 1950s fashion blog search ranks our site 7th out of 353,000 pages.

But that is my google. I believe it's different from others.
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google runs 3 separate systems glogally so you may well find differences since they each update individually. It is also possible that Miss Poppy's page is simply creeping up the rankings and has improved overnight.

What this does tell us is that we have a good page to use as a model fro future writing. Study it girls and try to emulate Miss Poppy.

But emulating Miss Poppy is a good idea in most things - except her tubing addiction.
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The keyword 1950s fashion blog ranked us third today. That is the best ranking I have seen so far.
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The news for the day is that "Hosting a Tea Party" is now in the top 30 at Google.

Pop over to Google and type in "Hosting a Tea Party". You will find our site (specifically Miss Yu's page) on the third page of the Google search results. The official position is 25 but I found it listed at #30 on my own results list.

And isn't that blog doing well?

I must just say ladies that what you are witnessing here is quite remarkable. Many new sites, even ones that are properly optimized from day one, do not even get recognized by Google until they are between six and 12 weeks old.

We are RANKING with Google just before our two week birthday.

Oh, and just as a little bonus, the VERY slow to notice anything spiders at Yahoo have found our home page so you might start keeping your eyes open there too if you happen to use Yahoo for searching.

"1950s fashion" is the keyword they declare they have found us for. But their results are a little less predictable than those for Google so you'll just have to go hunting.

I found us at number 125 out of 15,900,000 pages. Not too bad for an entry position, I'd say!

Oh, and Miss Moxie - your pages on 1940s hair have the highest number of keyword hits of all the pages we have so far. May I have more on 1940s hairstyles please? The demand is high.
Violet Viola
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see "Hosting a Tea Party" at #18 on google!

Roses are red,
violets are blue....
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found us listed 5th and 6th this morning. Hurrah!

Oh, and when I search for 1950s fashion blog we are second.

We rank 101st for 1950s fashion.
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good progress. Slow and steady wins the race.

The news for today is that we had 44 unique visitors to the site yesterday - our highest total so far.

Interestingly, our previous highest visiting day was last Monday. I wonder if this means people come to us for inspiration for their working week? A sort of pit stop on the race track of life?

If the "high visiting Monday" trend continues, we shall have to make Sundays our big day for adding new pages in order than people will come to us expecting new and interesting things and that they will go away happy rather than disappointed.

But two Mondays in a row "does not a trend make" - I am sure someone significant said something like that once.

I'd like to tell you about our third Monday - but it has not happened yet. Can you believe things are going so well after only 13 days?
Violet Viola
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a wonderful Quirrie etiquette book, I got it in a "present swap" organized at the Blue Camellia Club maybe 2 years ago. Am I allowed to scan some pages?

Roses are red,
violets are blue....
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Viola,

Thank you for asking the question - all questions are always welcome.

But I have answered you in the etiquette thread, sweetie. This one is for statistics (well gloating really!).

Rayati.
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see 1940s hairstyles as #43 on Google.

Perfect Stockings comes up as #40 if I search "retro stockings".

The homepage comes up as #22 if I search "tea sweeteners."
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone have a look at our new Alexa ranking today?

It is at the bottom of the homepage - just after the text.

Don't forget how it works: number 1 is the best; numbers up to 10 million are fairly good; numbers under 1 million indicate that we are in the top 1% of sites in the world.

Yesterday our traffic rank was 8,657,890. What is it today do you suppose?

Remember we are still being crippled by this being a 3 month average for which we only have two weeks of statistics.

(Our one week average found in the control panel is a mere 608,720 - just for your information of course!)
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! Wonderful!
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

115 people stumbled upon us yesterday.

Of course stumble upon traffic is well known for being temporary traffic. (Stumble Upon [dot] com is a social bookmarking site)

It was only one day.

And it is unlikely to last.

But it nice to contemplate the fact that we just had our first day of over 100 visitors - no matter where they came from.

Oh and some of you might like to search for "perfect stockings" at Google again too. You might be in for a nice surprise! On my Google that page is second after Amazon.com .

Well done indeed Miss Poppy - that page really has hit the spot with Google.

The good news continues daily. Keep on writing those pages, girls. We are winning this battle.
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect Stockings ranks 12th here today. Well done Miss Adele.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Finances and Incomes Discussion Group All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: