The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Statistics
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Finances and Incomes Discussion Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Statistics Reply with quote

Ladies,

Iit is very early days for the life of the siteso the statistics don't mean an awful lot just yet.

But just for your information, we have 25 unique visitors yesterday.

Do you realize that after just 4 days, we have more visitors per day than many sites have in a month?

I calculate that perhaps ten of these visits were from us (those of us who are writing for the site). But that still means that 15 people have found us in a single day already.

Just wait until the search engines find us!

Keep those papers rolling in darlings. You are doing splendidly.

Rayati.
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more interesting fact...........

This morning I submitted the site to the search engines. Google now knows we exist!

Now go to Google and type in: 1920s to 1950s fashion - see if you can find one of our pages in the top 10 pages of results.

If you do, we are in the top 0.1% of sites for that search term in the world.

Come back here when you have done it and let us all know how well we are doing at the search engines within about 12 hours of our initial submission will you?

(I am smug because I know the answer!)

Rayati
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The news for the day is that:

1. Google is now well and truly aware of our presence! We have had a total of 10 visitors coming directly from Google. It may well be just our own visits from checking our listing position. But the important thing is, Google has a reason to recognize us now. This is good news!

2. We had a total of 28 new and unique visitors yesterday. That is the most so far. Visitors are good!

3. I made a comment on a certain forum about one of our pages yesterday. As a result, we have had 7 people click in to the site from there. Inbound links are good!

4. We have been found for our first long-tail keyword! Someone went to Google and typed in "retro stockings and gloves" - and lovely Google sent that person to us! Being found for keywords is VERY good!

Ladies, we are doing very well so far. The best thing we can do now is to add a minimum of ONE new page per day to the site. Could you send me a bank of articles that I can deploy slowly over time?

We want those spiders coming back and pinging our pages by the hour if we can make them. So we need content, content, content.

Congratulations on all your efforts so far. You are doing a beautiful job.

Rayati
Violet Viola
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

google found it!
"1920's to 1950's fashion"
and it gave me our elektrasite at the 20th place!
I'm currently reading this!

Roses are red,
violets are blue....
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Miss Viola.

Google behaves slightly differently in different countries you know.

Miss Viola found us in 20th place; Fraulein Landgrebe found us in 11th I understand; anyone searching in the Yeek though, would have found us in THIRD place.

I wonder whether you all grasp the thrill I have over this sort of thing? Well, why not try to attend one of the Commander's seminars this weekend and start to get some of the background about search engines and keywords.

I'd be so delighted if you all could jump up and down with me over the little details like this.
Isabel Wolfenhaut

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Ma'am,

Isabel Wolfenhaut reporting for jumping up and down duties.

May I ask where and how high?

Congratulations to everyone who has contributed to a fine looking website.

Rayati
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found us in the 10th place today!
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brava, Fraulein! Place by place we shall become Number One!

In the Yeek we are currently at numbers 3 AND 11!

Our daily unique visitor count yesterday was 34.

Some sites never reach 34 visitors a day. I really hope this is inspiring you all to write, write, write!

Miss Wolfenhaut, please calm down dear! All that jumping in an Arcadian lady is prone to lead to bouts of the vapours.

But if you would like to contribute, we should be very happy to have you aboard.

Why don't you tell me what you might be interested in and I shall find you some nice keywords to work with. Choose your decade first - 20s, 30s, 40s or 50s. Then choose an area of fashion or life within it - clothes, hair, entertainment - anything you have some knowledge of. Once I know your general area of interest, I shall help you plan a way of proceeding.

If you can really think of nothing at all, would you consider becoming our resident shoe expert? You could chart the changes in shoe fashions through the decades beginning with the 1920s and going on from there later. But only if you have no strong preferences of your own. The important thing is to have fun and write with your personal flair. There are lots of very academic sites abut fashion. Our 'voice' sets us apart.

You might also start thinking about a nice Nom de plume for yourself. It seems to make things a little more personal for visitors since there are so many of us contributing.

And please try to come to one of the seminars in Virtualia this weekend too. (That applies to everyone, please.) There is one on Saturday and it will be repeated on Sunday. There you will learn what keywords are and why we use them.

Please post back here when you have chosen your area of interest and I shall help get you started straight away.

Thank you, dear.

Rayati for now.
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha! We are in the 9th place! AND in the 30th. (That was 32nd this morning.)
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone begin to believe that a girl can give Google what it wants so that it gives her what she wants?

There are ways and means with search engines you know.

You just have to know what they are!

Rayati
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh NOW we are beginning to move!

If you look on the homepage of the site, you will see (hidden at the bottom of the good bit) a little white box that shows our Alexa Traffic Rank.

Most sites have an Alexa traffic rank. If they have none, they are being run by rank amateurs!

Now because our site is so new, the box is not yet being updated. It will be. We just need a little patience.

However, I have access to the control panel of Alexa. And THAT IS being updated regularly.

Would anyone care to hazard a guess as to where we are ranked? Remember that this is a rank out of approximately 100 million sites worldwide.

Let me give you a few examples of ranks.

A very nice site about up to date fashions: Online costume ball has a traffic rank of: 6,537,829

A major tourism site for London: Beautiful London has a traffic ranking of: 2,576,870

An excellent site called the Tao of Tea has an Alexa Ranking of 1,230,413

As you can see, it is not all that easy to rank with Alexa!

Now, if you remember that there are 100 million sites in Elektraspace you can easily work out that sites around the 1 million mark are regarded as being in the top 1% of all the sites in the world.

It must be awfully hard to get into the top 1%. Don't you think?

So now, remembering that higher numbers are worse and lower numbers are better.......................what do you think our traffic rank might be? After about 1 week? Maybe 80 million? Maybe 60 million? Be optimistic and put us in the top half - 50 million perhaps?

No, darlings!

I have a nickname you know. I am called, "The Alexa Queeen"!

After about a week of life, our little old site has an Alexa Traffic Rank of.....

Are you ready for this?

We are very close to that top 1% already. And Alexa has not even managed to update our statistics yet.

Pat yourselves on the back girls. You are making superb progress.

Remember though - rankings can go down as well as up. And the higher you climb the harder it gets to carry on climbing. There is a long road ahead. But we are on our way.
Isabel Wolfenhaut

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: I'm Hired! Reply with quote

Rayati, Miss Wardelle,

Congratulations on an Alexa Ranking almost in the top percentile.

And what a novel recruitment technique you have. Find a passing maid, and if she can jump up and down without having a fit of the vapours, hire her.
Well, it works, I would be delighted to help. I can even become resident shoe pundit if there is a yawning chasm where there should be one.
What a pity I am not within teleport distance of the V&A, still, I expect there is heaps of information online.

A nom de plume? Something along the lines of Miss Upper(s), I think.
As in

Miss Patent Uppers
Miss Satin Uppers
Miss Magenta Uppers et al

Let me know what you need and I'll give of my best.
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Wardelle, you are a miracle! I shall continue my nagging for articles. I assume we need more to keep up the rankings.
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your assumption is correct, Fraulein. We shall need many more pages.

Our first milestone was 20 pages - which we have now passed.

Our second is 30, which we shall pass in a few hours after I have completed the psting of Miss Finesmith's historical Waldorf Astoria menu.

After that, our new target is 50 pages. How do we feel about having 50 pages by the end of July? It is only a few more pages each after all. I am sure we can manage it.

Oh, and Miss Wolfenhaut, if you will send me a short lekkiepost to the usual address ( miss_wardelle {AT} yahoo {DOT} com ) I shall post your shoes keywords list to you immediately.

Rayati for now.
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies, Alexa has now updated our traffic rank. It is displayed on the homepage of the site.

HOWEVER you ought to understand that the rank shown there (8,657,890) is the "3 month average" traffic rank. That means our brilliant result is being diluted in the statistics by 11 weeks of zeros!

I have access to our traffic rank for this week at the control panel and I can tell you that our 1,119, 237 rank still stands.

Please don't panic! The statistics on the homepage will catch up with reality in approximately 11 weeks from now.

We shall all just have to be patient a little longer.

Anyway, it will be fun to watch it creeping up week by week.

Last edited by Miss Wardelle on Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Finances and Incomes Discussion Group All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: