The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A CALL FOR PAPERS!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Finances and Incomes Discussion Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: A CALL FOR PAPERS! Reply with quote

Ladies, it seems that our quest for keywords has come to a sort of stopping point for the time being. I have plenty for now.

We have a good range of topics and words for you all to work with.

Our design has been tentatively established in its first incarnation at least.

NOW WE NEED TO WRITE!

This is our first official call for papers or elektrasite pages.

I shall have to have your written contributions as soon as possible because our site will be registered in the next 24 hours and will be ready to begin receiving pages within 48 bours.

This is exciting news, I know. But please don't start squealing and squeaking in delight! Take all that excitement and energy and turn it into a page or two of lovely, 1920s to 1950s fads and fashions-related articles.

The elektrasite really IS going to be ready to take your articles before the end of the month of Hela.

Remember we want contributions on anything and everything related to fashions, fads, trends, practices, customs and design between 1920 and 1959.

If a magazine from this period was likely to have printed your article, it will be suitable for the site.

If you are unsure what to write; if you are lacking keywords or if you simply want to do *something* but are not sure what, please contact me at the usual address ( miss_wardelle[AT] yahoo.com ).

Rayati for now - and please get your quills scratching at your parchments as soon as possible.
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I promised Miss Wardelle I'd start nagging about 9 minutes ago. The nagging had to wait a little while longer because I had to buy a few dinner related items..but here goes.

Darlings, why haven't you sent your papers to Miss Wardelle yet? The site is up and looking fabulous. Miss Moxie has written two articles on hair and some mysterious pette a piece about throwing knives...or something related to them. I hear rumors about tea articles...and etiquette... But... where are the things YOU promised to write?

Start writing!!! Now!!!! I'm counting....

One....

Two....

Three...

That had better be the sound of scratching pens!

Do hand in your lovely articles soon.
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent you my papers on the evening of the 7th, ma'am! Did the message not arrive? Should I send them again?
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Yu, please do not worry. Your papers arrived safe and sound. Thank you.

The rumour that the Fraulein head was that I have pages from you but am scratching my head over the best way to deploy them.

Fraulein, Thank you so much for this tiny weeny, itsy bitsy, little small nag.

Ladies, this is the Fraulein nagging from a cold start. Let's see if we can stop her getting up a full head of steam and just nagging you to pieces!
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thank goodness! I was a bit worried--Yahoo seems to like to eat Elektraposts at times instead of sending them.

If needed, I will rewrite anything that does not fit in right.
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Yu,

I sent you a full elektrapost message explaining everything in full.

BUT, just to let you know in short - your writing was a bit too good for this site!

You wrote so much lovely content that it needs to be split up into many pages. Thank you, darling. And well done on all that work.

I have added one page to the site and I have one in reserve too. The rest will have to be re-worked to spread itself out across a pile of pages.

All the details are in the lekkie.

Rayati,

Miss Wardelle
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ought also to add that the Fraulein is clearly a more effective nagger than I.

Thank you for your pages, everyone, but don't forget to start work on the next ones too!

We need a minimum of 20 pages before we can begin to make real progress so there is a long way to go yet.

Rayati,

Miss Wardelle
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good! I was hoping my slight nudge would help. Well done girls! Do continue writing. We need more pages!
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darling girls!

It looks as if we are approaching the 20 pages!!! Do go and scribble a few more articles for Miss Wardelle. We talk about hair, shoes and perfect skirts all the time! If you can talk about it you can write about it. I'm sure we can realise 20 pages before the weekend is over!
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fraulein,

I do believe you might be right!

The total currently stands at fifteen and my eyes are beginning to cross over in the middle.

If I should happen to find five more pages in my post tomorrow I shall post them immediately and we can begin the search engine and other processes on Monday.

But no more pages for me tonight. I need a good stiff gin and tonic!

Rayati.
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I just call your attention to Miss Wardelle's request for papers?

We are doing very well indeed. But we need more articles to keep up our ranking. So....WRITE my pretties.

I finished three articles yesterday and if the scanning machine is willing to cooperate I shall have two more ready later today.

Just so you know I do not ask you to do things I do not do myself.

I believe we are short on articles about fashion and make-up. Tell us about your favourite piece of vintage clothing. Where did you find it? Why do you love it so much?

I shall expect Miss Wardelle to tell me she found three articles about favourite vintage clothing in her mail box within 12 hours from now.

Please, do not disappoint me. I promise I shall write one too. I went through quite an ordeal to find my favourite grey skirt. But the determined shopper always wins.

So...three articles about favourite vintage clothing. The clock starts...now.
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is now...>looks at the clock<... about 20 minutes later. I wrote MY article about my favourite vintage skirt. Where is yours? Don't forget to take a picture and send it to Miss Wardelle along with that article!
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oopsy doopsy doo.

'Normous reverence of apologeticness.

I am afraid I was out when your orders came in, ma'am. We went to 'Arrods to get a present and ended up with several things. We went to a cafť where I took some photographs and then we got stuck behind a horse drwn funeral.

Well, Miss Boss was not content with just being stuck behind a horse-drawn funeral, she followed it al the way to the crematorium to take photographs - and then interviewed the bagpiper.

Why did she shcwanda do that? For the site I guess.

Anyway I shall write something to go with my cafť pictures post-whizzily, pausing only to sip Gyokuo tea.

A girl needs some refreshment after all that funeral-chasing.

Shroom out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies,

I have been patiently waiting for the next set of pages to come flooding in from you all.

But I have waited in vain it seems.

I posted the final page today from our store of spare pages and we shall need more tomorrow.

The prime candidates for gentle nagging are:

1. Miss Madonna - another page on 1920s music or some other pertinent subject please.

2. Miss Yu - your tea pages are beginning to rank with Google and we must give Google more to work with as soon as possible, please. I know you have been busy but it is important if we are not going to start sliding back from our current position.

3. Miss Moxie - your pages on 1940s hairstyles are our biggest traffic generating pages at the moment, darling. Is there any way we can give people even more of what they are looking for? I know it has been a busy time at work but you have hit pure gold with this topic and we need to mine it as soon as we can.

4. Miss Poppy - I know you have been on holiday so this is only a very mild reminder that your stockings page was the first one to rank for a keyword at Google. Your style works for Goggle and we need to court their attention at the moment. So when you have a spare minute, could you find another page for us darling?

5. Miss Yatsenko - some more about things relating to fleems and such would be marvellous if you can find time between all your other commitments.

6. Anyone else who feels she might be willing and able to contribute. Now is the time to act if you would.

I am not nagging the Fraulein because she has done a splendid job of writing for the site. But neither am I going to refuse any further pages you might want to contribute. your work is excellent and it adds huge value to the site.

Thank you all for what you have done thus far. But we really need to keep up the pace for a few more weeks yet.

Thank you ladies, for anything you are able to write at this crucial time.

Rayati,

Miss Wardelle
Quixotica Moxie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, dear! My apologies, Miss Wardelle. I was absolutely buried in work, this week. I will send you more articles ASAP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Finances and Incomes Discussion Group All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: