The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General Discussions that Fit Nowhere Else!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Finances and Incomes Discussion Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: General Discussions that Fit Nowhere Else! Reply with quote

Now that we have a full area for discussing the "Vintage and Retro Elektrasite", I am going to summarize what we have so far.

1. We have a name for the site (which I shall not repeat here for security reasons)

2. We have some very encouraging statistics that show we have the potential to create a well-trafficked site that could earn us some actual money in time.

3. We have volunteers for writing pages and looking after other details.

4. We shall soon have the beginning of the site in place, so volunteers continue to be needed and welcomed.

If you wish to read the early stages of our planning again, please go over here: http://aristasia-central.com/fora/viewtopic.php?t=109

Otherwise, keep your discussions to this area if you would. I shall be locking the initial discussion thread soon.

This area will be divided by the subject areas of the site. Please use it to make suggestions, offer pages, share resources and compare notes.

Ladies, this site is going to be created soon - but it will not be successful unless you all help with the content for the pages. We are all needed and we shall all have a crucial part to play. It is an exciting project that might one day form the financial basis for our real life community. But only if we are prepared to put in the effort together.

Thank you for all your helpful suggestions and offers of research and writing. We really CAN do this if we work together.

Rayati Raihiranya!
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Headmistress is in the process of planning and writing for the site's monthly e-zine.

This is what she has said so far:

Quote:
It may please you to know that the first little piece of content has been written. It is about airport security. I have several ideas for other short pieces but unfortunately it has been a busy day at work so I could write only one. Shall I write a little collection of vintage related stories and send you the result?

Thank you, Fraulein.

Yes, anything that our general readership might enjoy would be good. You have the most latitude of all of us in what you might choose to write so make the e-zine all your own.
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Poppy has offered help but has been unable to identify a specific area in which to write. This is what she said,

Quote:
I'd be very interested in contributing, ma'am! I am not sure what, exactly, but count me in.

And my response to Miss Poppy was,

Quote:

Miss Poppy - The reason you don't know what to contribute is because, I imagine, there is so very much for you to choose from. My suspicion is that I shall call upon you to fill in lots of gaps from your extensive and eclectic store of knowledge.

Thank you for registering your interest.

Violet Viola
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can provide a lot of piccies: I have a lot of Arcadian greeting cards (.jpeg) and a lot of Vintesse (art nouveau), Arcadian and Amazonian (Tellurian Medieval and Renaissance eras) pictures!

Roses are red,
violets are blue....
Quixotica Moxie

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honored Miss Wardelle,

I would love to participate in this process, though I'm not certain what I would be able to contribute, initally. I do have a lot of links to various kadorian-related electrasites. Would it be appropriate to list them in the 1940's thread? Or should I forward them to someone?

I would also love to write copy and I have fairly good proof-reading skills. I'd be willing to do minor little less glamourous things, if that's helpful.

I was just thinking, though, that we spent an afternoon just this last Sunday in a "camping" environment in Virtulia that allowed the group of us to earn over 100 Lindens just for standing about and chatting. Has anyone considered having a fund-raising party in Virtualia through similiar means? We could all pool our earnings after a few hours and contribute them to the cause. If we all enjoyed it enough we could make it a regular event.

Also, in the knitting thread, Miss Wardelle, you'd mentioned that you're still considering where to put the subject of tea. Would it be appropriate to have a "Hospitatlity" section for each decade? We could have recipes for cocktails, tea, canapes, etc, as well as table setting, popular entertainment venues, etc.
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Miss Moxie,

Thank you so much for your offer of help. I am sure your contribution will prove invaluable.

That list of elektrasites would be very useful indeed. At this point I should advise you to hold on to what you already have and (if it is not too much trouble) organize and annotate it. I mean if you could just divide all the sites into 1940s clothes; 1940s Hair; 1940s music etc, etc. That would be lovely.

By "annotate" I mean just let me know how you feel about each site. "This one is good but I can never find what I want" or "This one is very general" or "this one has lots of pictures". Just a simple note to help me know where each site might be valuable and helpful to us.

And of course, add to your list at will!

Once you are finished with all that, please pop it to me at miss_wardelle AT yahoo DOT com. I shall be keeping resources to send to people when they are needed to support a particular page so I ought to have that information on file. Thank you.

Your offer to help with proof reading is also a very valuable one. Thank you. In practise, it will be rather difficult to send everything to you for checking and then having you send it back again. However, if you could check the site itself regularly and let me know of any errors, that would be useful.

Of course, proof reading elektrasites is not just about reading the text. You also have to follow the links, check the pictures, verify the alt texts, and even keep an eye on the kind of advertisements Google is placing on the site.

It is a big job, Miss Moxie and I should be very pleased to have you do it for us!

Thank you too for your suggestion about a "hospitality" section. Funnily enough I recently spoke to Miss Poppy about a similar thing. Not quite the same - but similar. This suggestion helps me to organize things in my mind. Thank you for that. I shall arrange that immediately.

As for camping in Virtualia, it is never going to make us Lindennaires, but it might provide some financially-focussed fun! Why not suggest it to the Headmistress?
Quixotica Moxie

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your response, Miss Wardelle! I will go through my bookmarks later this evening and compile and annotate as best I can.

I am very much looking forward to seeing the elektrasite in completion!
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies, it is taking me a little longer than I should like to make your pages appear on the site.

There is something that would help me immensely if you feel able to provide it. That thing is a standard page template.

If you send your pages as Word Documents in the following format, it would be tremendously helpful.

This one matches the page at:

http://www.1920s-to-1950s-fashion.com/how-to-brew-tea.html

The template for that page is as follows:

Now pay close attention here!

The uppercase / lower case combinations are precise. So for the file name use all lower case letters and separate the individual words of your MAIN keyword with hyphens.

The Title is usually your main keyword WITH capital letters.

Your keywords should be listed in order of relevance and separated with commas. Always include the name of the site as one of your keywords and include it at least once in your text.

The Description needs to include your main keyword in the first FIVE words of this sentence. This sentence is the one that Google will display under your page when someone finds us through a keyword search. So make it thrilling and interesting - but use no more than 150 characters.

Now if this is all too much, please don't let it confuse you. I can do it.

BUT if you are happy to provide this template at the top of your pages before you send them to me, I should be very grateful.

Thank you and Rayati.
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and Miss Viola,

Thank you for your offer of pictures!

Obviously, we are most interested in your Vintesse, Trent, Kadoria and Quirinelle collections - if you have any.

I am not certain what might be the best way to organize using what you have though.

Could you perhaps post a few samples from your collection to give us an idea where we might draw upon you for resources?

Are you sure you can't be induced to write a short page about some of them? Just something to get the rest of us started with ideas perhaps?

Thank you again and Rayati.
Violet Viola
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Miss Wardelle,
I've put them here.
I've collected them during the past years on elektraspace. I have also a large collection of preraphaellite paintings, I've found all of them here. Please note that some of them may have masculi, but they are portrayed in a gentle form. All of the paintings in this elektrasite are pre-Eclipse.
I hope that you will like them!

Roses are red,
violets are blue....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Finances and Incomes Discussion Group All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: