The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Design Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Finances and Incomes Discussion Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Miss Viola,

Yes, the colour does fade from the top to the bottom. I am very glad you like it.

The beige and the burgundy were lifted directly from Miss Yu's sample page so I am not sure what to do about lightening the background.

Will it make a difference to the colour matching if I lighten it? Oh dear! I am slightly colour blind and I am really not sure what to do now. Do you think you could make me a sample or two or something lighter? I shall just transefer the colour over into my photo editing software.

As for the buttons, I made these "pre-fabricated" ones to give an indication of how the page will look as a whole. In the final edition, proper buttons are provided. So don't worry too much about those at this stage.

Thank you for your helpful comments though.

Miss Calista has declared her approval for the design too.

But have any of the brunettes a fundamental objection to the pinkness of the whole thing? If you have, perhaps you ought to let me know as soon as you can.

I also need to know how you all reacted to the "Old Ways to a New You" tag line.

Any and all feedback and suggestions will be gratefully received. But not for too much longer!

Thank you again, Miss Viola (for your comments and suggestions) and Miss Madonna (for posting the design for me).

Rayati.
Violet Viola
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Miss Wardelle,
I've just made these 2 "studies"

I'm really sorry to take some space, I don't know how to make the "postage stamp-sized" images!
I might add a flower background to the large rectangle...but I'm afraid to transform this elektrasite into an Arcadian or "shabby chic" one.
("shabby chic" isn't an oxymoron: it's a lovely recent Tellurian home dťcor style, to me it's beautiful and acceptable, it's like a "jewel in a bongo mess"!)

Roses are red,
violets are blue....
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the pink but please, no flowery background.
Violet Viola
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Elektrasite with free Designs! Reply with quote

Dear honoured pettes,
I've found this elektrasite with free graphic designs, I like this one very much! (of course we could use it without the roses!)

Roses are red,
violets are blue....
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a coding-related question. Will we be using style sheets? Or would that interfere with how well search engines sift through our pages?

Considering the number of pages we will eventually be dealing with, I think cascading style sheets will make our lives much easier if we decide...say, that the colour links turn while in the act of being clicked on should be different. If we set "just in case" values with HTML code on all the pages, and limit the style sheet-ing to decorative features, I do not think CSS would affect the performance of our site on older ordinators.
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your question, Yu-chei. Unfortunately, the answer to it is "there is no answer". At the moment at least.

The system we use for making sites is one that is very simple and uncomplicated. In fact, it is the system used to create sites like, learn-about-tea.com. What this means is that we are more concerned with having the right sort of information presented in the right sort of way than we are about HTML/CSS questions. We want traffic first and foremost so that is where our efforts are concentrated.

However, if we want to transfer the design of the site over to a more complex, more amenable, more friendly, more spiffy (etc) site, there is no reason why we can't make that transition. Except that I have no idea how to do it!

But if we can get our site up and working and generating an income for our activities in elektraspace (and beyond I hope) we may wish to put our heads together on the subject of a redesign project at a later date.

May we delay the answer to this question then, Yu-chei darling? I promise that as soon as you and I actually meet in the flavvie, I shall let you teach me all there is to know about CSS. Really and truly I shall.

But for now - let's get our content in place.
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes ma'am! Thank you very much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Finances and Incomes Discussion Group All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: