The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Knitting, Needlework and Dressmaking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Finances and Incomes Discussion Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Knitting, Needlework and Dressmaking Reply with quote

Please post anything at all about Knitting, Needlework and Dressmaking here.

Thank you
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Yu made the first suggestion about needlecrafts. Here it is:

Quote:
I am willing to contribute, ma'am!

I have spent the past day or so trying to figure out what I can contribute...unless we need an article for sewing Chinese-style garments or circle skirts or brewing a good pot of tea, I will probably have to research before I could confidently write about something.

However, I am willing to try!

My response?

Quote:
Miss Yu - Chinese style garments might just come under 1920s style; Circle skirt instructions will be indispensable for the 1950s and anybody who knows anything about the 1920s to the 1950s realizes that nobody would have survived a day without proper tea.

Yes, darling all of that will be helpful. Thank you.

I am still thinking about the best place for tea. But it will be somewhere as soon as I decide where.[/quote]

Last edited by Miss Wardelle on Sat May 17, 2008 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies working in this general category might ask for some input, help or advice from Miss Bethune.

She said,

Quote:
I do have a little dressmaking skill, and have made a few Arcadian style gowns. I'm really not a scholar of fashion of any period, though.
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Miss Yatsenko would also be intersted in working on this part of the site I believe. Here is what she is offering:

Quote:
I also have a store of excellent up-to-date knitting patterns. Unfortunately, in my haste to pack, I left an absolute treasure trove of them with the Commander and Sushuri-chei. I would be willing to put many of these patterns into distribution.

The patterns are safe and can be scanned for you when you want them.
Miss Wardelle
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Miss Bethune added:

Quote:
I might also be able to offer some dressmaking advice of the most practical nature. The finer points of the fashion of the 20s-50s are well over my head, but I know my way around a needle, and might be able to address things like fabric choices and garment construction. This has so much potential to be fun and engaging!
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Bethune, to answer your question in the previous thread--

While my sewing book is not up-to-date, the drawings look rather up-to-date or timeless to me. Later today I shall have to remember to scan in some of them to share. I will try to find out if the book is out of print--if it is, we may be able to use some of its images if we cite them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Finances and Incomes Discussion Group All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: