The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Concerning Dea and Masculs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> The Blue Camellia Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eternal Sommerfeld

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Concerning Dea and Masculs Reply with quote

Hi all. Many of you know me from Virchers, but this is my first post here. I finally went as signed up!

Right now, I am wondering about something that maybe one of you could enlighten me about. I am particularly drawn to the religious aspects of Aristasia - it makes me feel closer to God than anything else I have ever experienced.

I don't know as much about Aristasian religion as some of you probably do, though, and my question right now concerns masculs. What does Aristasian religion have to say about them? I have read a lot of things at the Amazon Intel site, which implies that they are solely an aberration and the result of sin. I know, though, that said site is not, in fact, official, so I don't know how much of it is to be trusted.

It is understandable that religion as it is practiced in Pura would likely provide no framework for understanding schizomorphs, because they do not exist in Pura. Nevertheless, they do exist in Telluria, and Dea is the same for Telluria as She is for Pura, and I firmly feel deep in my heart that She hears my prayers just as loudly as those of any pette raised in Kadoria or Novaraya.

My question then, is, what about masculs? What is their relationship to Dea? Can they have one? If so, it must necessarily be different than ours. How?

Some of what is written on Amazon Intel implies that they might not even have souls. This strikes me as impossible - having lived in Telluria for many years, I am keenly aware that, here, schizomorphs of both sexes are the axial being.

As such, they must necessarily have souls - if one is given the opportunity to choose, to decide (the "may" one hears in the word "maid" in Pura), then one must ultimately be able to choose to move closer to, or farther from, Dea, and one must therefore be a spiritual being rather than merely a physical entity.

So, how do masculs fit into the plans of Dea? How might they (if at all) relate to Her?
Charlotte Eleanor Laraway
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati Miss Sommerfeld, and a warm welcome to the Fora!

I too was drawn to Aristasia for the religious aspect. Having a loving Father and two Brothers that are very dear to me, I asked myself the same question you asked not too long ago.

I can’t really give the official Aristasian position you ask for because I am no official Aristasian. But I suspect that possibly, being intemorphic, Aristasia does not offer a detailed “place” for masculi because, as you yourself say, they just don’t concern Aristasia very much.

But since I have thought about it quite a while, I would like to share what I believe to have understood, especially because I suspect that this is not a topic that many here have spent much time mulling over. I have to say I am still fairly new to the faith myself though. But I am confident that the other maids here will notice if I go astray and tell us all if I write nonsense - and if I do not, it might answer your question at least in part and be a basis for further thinking (if one wants to).

A while ago I read “Mother Holle” at the Chapel, and the most beautiful interpretation of this Fairy tale. You can find the story here: http://www.mother-god.com/mother-holle.html and the interpretation that is so important here: http://www.mother-god.com/three-caskets.html .

I always loved Fairy Tales. After I read this beautiful retelling of Mother Holle and the interpretation that made so much more sense than anything I had ever read on fairy tales, I took my biggest Fairy Tale book and read it through in the light of this new-found understanding.

The question of Masculs and Dea had been bothering me for a while. I knew that of course they have souls and of course their True Selves are feminine, as all Essence is feminine. But in Telluria, they, being only a little less than half of humanity, that is, the Axial Beings, have to have some part in the mysteries, a place as you put it and this I could not grasp. While I read the big book on Fairy tales, I discovered that in Telluria, there are (at least) two basic types of fairy tale and these seemed like an answer to my question.

They can be compared as follows (sorry for any weird English, I wrote this in German originally and am a clumsy translator - it was a real table too, but I don't know how to copy them in here properly):

+ Heavenly Fairy Tale / Earthly Fairy Tale

+ Feminine Heroine / Masculine Hero

+Stepchild / Child in the House of his Mother and Father

+Heroine has only stepsibblings / Hero has sibblings

+There are only feminine Characters in the tale / There are feminine and masculine Characters in the tale

+She gets into the “Fairy-tale-situation” through a blow of fate - a cruelity of the False Mother (Stepmother) / He gets into the „Fairy-tale-situation“ because of his own decision

+Impeccable behaviour / Is innocent and naive, but has to learn virtuesness during the Adventure

+Does not have to do work herself to fulfil quests / Often has to do at least a part of the work himself, to fulfil quests

+END: She is showered with riches and the Stepfamily and their house is destroyed / END: He marries the true Princess/Bride and showers his Mother (Family) with gifts

Both types of Fairy tale have in common: obedience to the True Mother is the key, the mightiness of the heritage of the True Mother, the final victory through innocence and virtue, the fact that the quests the heroine or hero has to fulfil are unaccomplishable through their own work and power and that the only way to win the help of higher beings to fulfil the quests is again by showing innocence and virtue.

Dea and all Essence, all True Selves, are feminine. In a way, masculinity is nothing but “absent” femininity or greater distance from Dea, which might on our plane be necessary to bring life into manifestation.

So the “Heavenly Fairy Tale” tells the Story of the True Self and Dea in her Aspect as Mother, while the “Earthly Fairy Tale” tells the Story of the Earthly Self and Dea, in her Aspect as Daughter. The heroine of the Fairy tale, in Telluria, (I believe) can be seen as a “representative” of women but really she stands for the True Selves of all of humanity, whereas the hero of the Earthly Tale stands for all our earthly selves first, but also for men in particular.

Truth can be told in a purely feminine way, and looking at matters from a higher perspective even must be regarded in a purely feminine way (as all True Selves are feminine), but there is, on the earthly plane (in schizomorph worlds), a place for “masculine mysteries”. Their position is important: they are not metaphysically necessary and always depend on the higher, purely feminine mysteries. That is why, as far as I understand it, it is possible for intemorphic worlds such as Herthe, and schizomorphic worlds such as Earth to exist. A “masculine intemorphic world” is impossible.

Another aspect I found important is that in Telluria, I think one might be able to rightly say that women are generally (meant to be) “sattwic” and men “rajasic” (which is maybe why in the Pit women are generally rajasic and men tamasic) (on these terms, read “The Three Gunasin History” here: http://www.aristasia.co.uk/Gunahistory.html ) I also think that it is worthwhile (if one has an interest in the topic) considering how Avidya or the world illusion can be seen as masculine and what this means when we consider that the Daughter Aspect of Dea was probably the first to be masculinised.

A lot more could be written on this and what this could mean for a possible racinated, matriarchical Tellurian culture, the way it would define relations between men and women etc. but I am not sure at all that this is of interest to all of you, seing as this is an intemorphic place.

But I hope I have given you, Miss Sommerfeld, something of an answer to your question and if it interests you, I would be very happy to discuss anything related to the matter further. If anything I wrote makes no sense what soever do say so, I’ll try to explain further.

Kind regards and Rayati,
Charlotte
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not aware of anything on the amazon-intel site that suggests mascûli do not possess souls. I do not know anyone who believes that. It does suggest that schizomorphism is a result of sin - but then Christianity holds that human existence on earth is a result of sin. Filianists also believe that the current existence of maid is caused by our turning away from the Mother.

In other words, to say something is caused by sin is not to say it is an evil phenomenon. It is simply a statement of the downward course of manifestation. Whether schizomorphism was actually caused by sin I have no idea - it certainly is not an Aristasian "doctrine", just an idea some people have held.

As to the place of mascûli (who are indeed, in the thealogical sense, "maid", while not being maids) in religion, Aristasian religion, for obvious reasons, has nothing to say about it.

Mascûli and schizomorphs have long had their own religions, and what Déanism does say clearly, is that there is only one God. Therefore if schizomorphs are worshiping God at all, they are worshiping the same God we are. They see Her differently, and in some cases they may do terrible things in Her Name (and some of us might see that as a result of conceiving Her in mascûlic form).

But fundamentally, any true religion is worshiping the one God. No one would deny the saints, sages and buddhas of the Tellurian traditions. No one would deny their connexion to God, nor that of their devout followers.

Our religion is right for us: that is all we really need to say. In Aristasia Pura, Déanism (in all its many forms) is necessarily the only approach to religion. In Telluria it will always, and necessarily, be a minority religion. We are not trying to convert Telluria to Déanism! We are making Déanism available to the few Tellurian maidens who need it.

But for those who do need it, it is the one religion that can bring us back to Dea.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Florinda Shippe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am quite new to the Deanic faith, so I am no authority on these matters, but I feel inspired to try to answer with some of my thoughts.

Both masculi and femini are creations of Dea. It is evident that masculi are, by their nature, farther from Dea than femini. They are more prone to violence, rebellion, and cruelty than femini. They are less beautiful, heavier, and deeper voiced. However, I am certain that their greater distance from Dea does NOT mean they are not loved by Her. Dea loves all her children.

I think that Dea reaches out to masculi in a guise that they can better relate to, a "masculine" fatherly form. The great patriarchal religions of Telluria are lead by supposedly male deities, but if you look, you can see Dea's light shining in their teachings. The religions champion obedience and order, love and charity. They inspire great works of art that reflect the divine. While these religious traditions exist in a great deal more turmoil than the purely feminine ones in Aristasia Pura, I believe that they are fundamentally good and that they bring Tellurians closer to Dea.

I think that masculi also see our Divine Mother reflected in the femini around them. They are drawn to their femininity. They desire and revere it. Femini have remarkably powerful influence over masculi. A man who is raised by a virtuous, feminine woman will be greatly ennobled by her influence. In the same a respect, a man who marries a virtuous, feminine woman will be inspired to protect her, cherish her, and live nobly for her sake. The sincere devotion of a husband to a wife is surely pleasing to Dea. In his dedication to protecting and providing for his wife and their children, I am sure he is drawn closer to Her.

Herein, by the way, lies the great fallacy of "feminism". "Feminism" teaches the poor maids in the pit that femininity is weakness and that it should be rejected. This is a hideous, evil lie. Femininity is the greatest power in the world! "Feminism" teaches girls to model themselves after masculi. It teaches them to compete with masculi wherever they can, to antagonize them, and scorn them for their noble gestures. Tellurian maids, ideally, should be beacons of Dea's light which encourage masculi to be good. Feminism and other toxic pit philosophies sully and dim their precious beacons and hasten the decay of their civilizations into chaos.

I hope I haven't been too tangent-y. All of this just came tumbling out!
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Sommerfeld, I know what you are referring to. There is an article somewhere--or maybe it was even just an archived conversation--that states that some wonder whether or not mascûli even have souls. (I have not indexed the article yet, so I cannot recall which one it is to look it up.) It is just a passing remark; it is not an official statement as to the state of mascûline souls.

Indeed, Aristasia does not have much to say about the souls of mascûli because they do not concern us much. What they do with their souls is their own business. Likely, it's how they got to be mascûli in the first place. Much of what needs to be said has already been said, I think, but I'd like to add this: Think of mascûli as being on a lower state of being on the wheel of samsara than femini. There is still hope for them.

I have noticed that mascûli are, in fact, capable of recognizing Dea and worshipping her properly. The university where I attended undergraduate studies was run by an order of mascûli (and femini, too, but mainly mascûli) who have dedicated their lives to Our Lady Mary. Despite being mascûli, they were kind and gentle, some of the rare few gentlemen left in Telluria.
Eternal Sommerfeld

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why, thank you, everyone, for clarifying this for me! My own understanding of such things is still quite muddled, but growing every day, and, of course, I include all those close to me in my prayers, be they chel, mel, mascul, or femin.

On a side note, we really MUST start bringing back the use of those words - chel and mel! I know it is rather archaic, but sounds simply delightful on the tongue!
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never doubted that mascûli have souls - sometimes very fine ones. I think that some Purans and other intemorphs may sometimes not be quite clear about what mascûli actually are, and may at times confuse them with demons. This would be fairly probable if they have only encountered them in war situations and seen them killing, looting and burning and doing - well, you know - the other charming things they do.

Chel and mel - my it is a while since I have heard anyone use those terms in conversation! But I do agree they are delightful.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Eternal Sommerfeld

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you really think about it, Aristasians currently living in Pura and in the past would probably be pretty confused by masculs, and it is easy to see how they might draw quick (but wrong) conclusions.

Also, I'd be willing to wager that seeing us (physically schizomorphic feminine bodies) might also be odd for 'em. Imagine a pette born and raised in Pura encountering a tall, dark-haired blonde!
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are exactly right. Purans are used to being able to tell chel from mel at a glance - by appearance, physical build, voice, vocabulary and many other things. Honorary intemorphi would no doubt be very strange to them and ambis inexplicable!

Of course we look a lot more like maids (and are) - but we would be very confusing to a Puran!
Sakura

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course there are many worlds even among intemorphs. Imagine a world where blondes are dark-haired and brunettes are light-haired, where brunettes - and even some blondes - wear bifurcs and teachers use a little fluffy finger to point with.

But note how very easy it is to tell the sexes apart even so!

Miss Elise

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope no one minds my reviving a long quiet topic, but I would like to add my two cents. I have a father, and two brothers who are all very dear to me, and their personalities are so counter to the nature of masculinity that to consider them masculi is almost unthinkable. I should think that were they femini they would undoubtedly be Aristasian. They are both calm and philosophical, without interest in war games, they are both concerned at core with beauty, both strongly nurturing, and both are devotees of art neo.

Both are gentle and are the sort given to what tellurian's think of as childish fancies. Perhaps I am wrong to suggest it, but I should not think that the physical features of Tellurian masculs suggest anything about the quality of the soul, just as in Telluria there are honey brunettes, and raven blondes, I am sure that blocky in form or not, there are physical masculs with souls equal to those of maids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> The Blue Camellia Club All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: