The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Novarian Game Friends Club

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> The Aristasia Diaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Novarian Game Friends Club Reply with quote

Who remembers this header?

It was the sign of the Novarian Game Friends' Club back when we were all knee-high to a passel of grasshoppers.

Well things keep bouncing back in Aristasia. A few of us have been discussing the revival of a Game Club. And I thought we might try it out at first as a Diary thread.

It seems quite a few of us like Nintendo games - so in this thread we can discuss the games we are playing, exchange friend codes where appropriate, and perhaps even swap games.

So to snap the ol' football, as it were, I shall tell you that I am playing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon on my Déesse. It is not a "real" Pokémon game but actually a Pokémon-themed "Mystery Dungeon" game - these are popular in Japan but mostly don't get to the West. The Pokémon name carried this one over the cultural barrier. They involve working through myriads of randomly-generated dungeons.

What makes it special, though, is a lovely heart-warming plot and the fact that there are no humans in the game (we exiles do occasionally tire of humans - just joking).

One begins by answering a set of personality-test type questions, after which one is assigned the Pokémon avvie in which one is "incarnated". I turned out to be a Chikorita of docile personality.

That was rather remarkable, as I have always liked the grass-types best. Yu-chei says I am the only girl she has ever known who favors grass Pokémon. Most people go for flying or fire or something dramatic. But the cutie grass types just win my heart.

And of course being a mushroom in real life, I suppose that would make me a grass-type wouldn't it?

Well - there's my game-news.

What are YOU playing?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately I have been playing a game called Soul Calibur II. For the most part, it is a bongo fighting game...but there are lots of pretty maidens, blonde and brunette!

Isn't Miss Ivy Valentine dashing in her aristocratic outfit? She's one of the more difficult characters to play with, but I'm pretty good with her!

Miss Talim is my favourite, though. She's definitely a blonde, and so very cute!

Miss Taki, Miss Seung Mina, and Miss Xianghua are a lot of fun to play with too.

And Miss Sophitia and Miss Cassandra are sisters!

You fight duels to find the legendary sword Soul Calibur and save the world from the evil sword Soul Edge. There is no blood or bruises, and many of the characters' moves are motion-captured from actual Vikhelic artists. You get to wield a legendary sword and fight evil masculi and demons!

I had a lot of fun playing this game. I've already unlocked everything and beaten it. (Well, I haven't bothered with the mascul characters.)
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Soul Calibur 2 and especially Miss Ivy. Mmm that uniform.

My latest wishlist game is this one. How could I not want a game about mushrooms that has Boing! in the title?

It sounds like a pretty good game too from the reviews - and it is one of those quirky Japanese games that never get to the West - only somehow this one did!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Veronica Linne-Rose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati! As some of you may already know, I am a great fan of Nintendo and - hee - my Moura resolution was to give up my DS playing. It was becoming too compulsive for a studying maid's everyday life.

But still I wanted to begin my participation in the Fora by posting one of the most charming games I have ever played: Professor Layton and the Curious Village.

Oh, well, yes... it may have quite a number of masculi characters there, but they were so nice and it felt almost as if this Professor Layton could be a brunette instead!

This game has much to do with logic puzzles. Some of them are quite easy (but never silly!) and others are way too challenging. Sometimes I had to use a game guide to get the answer and advance, but still it never spoiled the fun of getting to the end of the game.

Oh, another point is that this game has many spoken cutscenes. Through that we can have absolute certainty that this story takes place somewhere in Britain, in a nice blend of Victorian Era and somewhere right before the 1930s. But what's to admire is the fact that their depiction is very elegant and, yes, their accent is rather pleasant! It has been such a long time since I last heard proper British accent without that feeling that 50% of the syllables were being swallowed back.

This game has many lovely characters, and I am sure the finale of the game shall be very surprising. I highly recommend this one for logic fans and smartly challenging games lovers!
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I played Cooking Academy 2 from Yahoo! Games. (There is a Cooking Academy 1, but I have not played it.) Cooking Academy 2 takes you through food-themed mini games to "learn" different recipes so that you can eventually start up your own restaurant.

You do things like find ingredients in the refrigerator, dice onion, slice meat, add ingredients to the pot with the right timing, and fold crab rangoons.

The hour-long free trial got me through all the Chinese recipes (taught by a pretty Chinese maiden) and two of the Italian recipes (taught by a nice Italian grandmother.)

I don't know if I would buy the game (as money is tight right now), but it is a lot of fun, and you can continue playing five minutes at a time with the free trial!

Here is the link to play!
Miss Serena

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing the Pixie Hollow online game. Of course it is for littlies really, but since I am quite quite hopeless at the fast busy games I find it decidedly soothing. The backgrounds are lovely, and the little mini games are charming. Everyone can have up to three fairies, which you design and name (like a simplified Virtualia avvy). As the fairy you fly about and collect things like acorns and rose petals which you can exchange for extra clothes or furnishings for your own fairy home. And of course you can chat and make friends with the other fairies. It is the most perfectly girly game.

My first fairy is called Lark Rosedew. She is a garden fairy and her home is a flowery bower!
Niami

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Miss Linne-Rose, I have fallen in love with Professor Layton and the Curious Village. When I initially started it I was impressed with the characters (they certainly were an odd bunch!), artwork, music and puzzles, but what made this game great was its ending. I do not wish to give the ending away but I would like to say that I teared up for the adored and for the adoring.
Though there is one part I wish weren’t there (it turns out to be alright in the end, if that helps), I recommend this game to older girls who love brainteasers, mystery, and cute townsfolk!

I have recently heard that there are three more Professor Layton games in existence, though none of them have left Japanese shores.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> The Aristasia Diaries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: