The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Maiden Introduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Maiden Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Georgia B. Cobb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: New Maiden Introduction Reply with quote

Rayati Honored Sisters,

It is good to finally be here in the Aristasian Forums with you. I have admired you all from afar for several years. I am Miss Georgia Ellen Merriweather. My first name was given me in honor of my maternal Tellurian grandmother. My second name was given me in honor of the older of my two paternal Tellurian aunts. The third name (which I will be using here on this forum) is neither my Tellurian maiden family name (Butler) nor my Tellurian ex-husband's family name (Cobb). I am choosing to go by a professional name I have used as a poet and singer. I hope one day to become a “Sacred Chantress”. I come from a Tellurian family that in Aristasia would be considered Haiela.

I have been studying the Aristasian Culture and the Deanic/Filianic Faith for quite some time. I have committed my Life to Dea and have set up several alters to Her in my home. I appreciate so much all the wonderful articles you have on The Aristasian website and the Chapel of Our Mother God. These have helped me so very much to understand the Feminine Essentialist Metaphysical Tradition. I was fortunate to have been raised in a religious family that had preserved Traditional principles, albeit in a masculine form. All my life I have been a seeker of Truth. When I found Dea, I knew I had finally come home and need search no further.

Your serious discussions on the Aristasian Forums have been so very courteous and intelligent and full of loving kindness. I am so happy for you that you are growing in the wisdom and knowledge and understanding of the Primordial Philosophy as young maids. Your light hearted girlie-girl chats have been so full of fun and feminine enjoyment they made me feel young again.

I will close this introduction with the words of a poem I was inspired to write in honor of Our Mother.

Our Mother,
Which e'er surround us,
Heralded be Thy fame.

Thy goodness come.
Thy will be done,
On Earth, in the Seas and Heavens.

Thank Thee always for food and drink,
And for strength to carry on,
And friends to guide and cheer us.

And lead us know
Into this season,
In paths of truth and reason.

For Thine is the courage
And the kindness
And the beauty for ever

So mote it be.

May Dea be with you all,

Miss Georgia Ellen Merriweather
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati, Miss Cobb! I have seen your writings at the Chapel of Our Mother God. What a pleasure it is to finally meet you! Welcome!
Georgia B. Cobb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honored Miss Mengxia Yu,

I am commend you for your efforts in setting up the Sai Sarisvati Library. This is a wonderful gift to all your sisters.

I have very much enjoyed your discussions regarding head coverings. I had worn a head covering for a while, in public when studying with the Orthodox Jewish community, during the time I considered conversion to that faith, and in my own private devotions. However, I had stopped doing so, even in prayer, because I had misunderstood the real reasons a maid would have to do so (that have nothing to do with the Christian assumptions that she has to cover her head because she is subordinate to all masculi). Thank you so much for clarifying the real issues involved.

I look forward to chatting with you again,

Dea bless you,

Miss Georgia Ellen Merriweather
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honored Miss Cobb I have had the honor of meeting you before, but I am delighted to see you here on the Fora. Welcome among us! May your stay be a happy and blessed one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Georgia B. Cobb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honored Miss Madonna,

Rayati,

Thank you for your welcome. It has been a pleasure to speak with you in private posts. It was your warm hospitality that encouraged me to venture further into Aristasia and join the Forums.

May Dea be with you,

Miss Georgia (B. Cobb) Ellen Merriweather
Florinda Shippe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati, Miss Cobb!

An aspiring "Sacred Chantress", how wonderful! I'm very happy that you have found your way to Dea. It warms my heart to welcome you!
Georgia B. Cobb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honored Miss Florinda Shippe

Thank you for your welcome. Yes, a Sacred Chantress. Dea has given me a pleasant singing voice. I sang in church choirs as a young maid, but found my lack of professional training kept me from being able to join any adult choirs.

Last summer, I met a maid, who teaches in the Audio Department at the Art School where I work, who gives private voice lessons. I was not able to sign up for training with her at that time due to financial constraints, but I hope to do so later this summer.

Until then, I sing whenever I am given the opportunity. Last autumn, I lead the opening Call to the Quarters (acapela) at my brother's wedding. It was held in a Unitarian church with a vaulted ceiling and wonderful acustics. This was the first time I had ever lead others in singing praises to the divine. I was honored to be among the five groups of amateur singers (friends and family members, representing each of the five elements) included in the cereremony. The wedding music featured a professional soloist and a professional choral group.

One day, I hope to establish a small retreat center, The Elegant Lady Bed and Breakfast, which will house Miss Georgia's Tearoom and The Mystic Muse Chantry. The chantry will be dedicated to Dea. The services will include Sacred Chants in Her honor.

May Dea be with you,

Miss Georgia B. Cobb (or Miss Georgia Ellen Merriweather)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Maiden Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: