The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About this site - and a question for you all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Aristasia Central Discussion Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
White Roses

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: About this site - and a question for you all Reply with quote

As you will see we not only have new Fora but a whole new domain - aristasia-central.com. We have a home-page of sorts but as you see, it is really just a holding-page for now.

What is the purpose of this site - apart from the obvious one of centralising the Fora?

Broadly it is that of centralising Aristasia-in-Elektraspace. Over the years, Aristasian information has become a vast sprawl spread over many different sites. The purpose of Aristasia Central, as its name implies, is to give one place where pettes can come for a) a clear introduction to Aristasia and b) a guide to resources (plus new resources where needed) on a wide variety of Aristasian topics.

What we need to know from you is - how did you find your own introduction to Aristasia? How easy was it to find things out?

How systematic was the presentation of information?

What was good (we don't want to lose any of our good points as we reorganise)?

What could have been better?

What was not there that you wish had been there?

Please make a note in this thread on any or all of the above questions (just a quickettie on one point is fine). If you are very new - splendid! Let us know how easy - or hard - it is to find out about Aristasia with the current arrangement.

For more established pettes another point to consider is: did you get any false impressions at first? Things you picked up from somewhere or other that made you think "Aristasia is like this", which you later found out was not true?

Part of our aim is to give a definitive and central guide to what is essential about Aristasia.

Finally, for you clever pettes, do you have any ideas about the actual organisation. What categories should we divide the information into? What should be the primary points?

Most of you need not worry about this last bit. Please just jot down your impressions as roughly as you like. Every bit will help us.

And thank you all.
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall muse on this and give a more in-depth answer soon, but here are two points I want to post up before I forget them:

What was good?

I think the old Elektrasite does an incredibly good job dispelling the bongo impression of Aristasia. (For example, the misconception that Aristasia is related to sadomasochism.) When I first "rediscovered" Aristasia, I was rather wary of these points myself, so it was quite helpful and relieving to see them addressed and refuted right up front.

A definition of "pette" in the Encyclopaedia Aristasiana. It probably sounds silly, but it took me just forever to understand and remember what "pette" meant. Since the Encyclopaedia is search-able by keyword, I think it would be helpful if it included pages about Aristasian slang. (Either that, or make the Aristasian Glossary easier to find.)
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much. This is just the sort of thing we need to know. Probable we should make a new Glossary altogether, as the current one is quite long in the tooth - being based on the one that was included in Children of the Void back in '96.

Which particular piece was it that dispelled the Silly Monkey (S/M) myth for you?

Now y'all take honoured Yu-chei's example here. Roll up and give us your goodies and baddies about the site.

You'll find the Post Reply button just below, so why not do it right now?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Alissa Lily

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Challenge accepted, honoured Madonna-chei!

How did you find your own introduction to Aristasia?

The first time I saw the word Aristasia was in a Tellurian lady's journal. She commented briefly (but favourably) on the Aristasian attitude towards clothing and provided a link to an Aristasian elektrasite - I cannot remember now which one it was, except that it was not the front page of the main site. Whatever it was, it made me want to find out more.

How easy was it to find things out?

Not very! The problem was not in scarcity of information - on the contrary, there was so much of it on several elektrasites that it was difficult to make sense of what was current and relevant to Aristasia-in-Telluria of today. Of course, much of this confusion could have been averted by actually asking an Aristasian! For many girls, however, this is something that comes later; I believe it takes an especially headstrong kind of girl to just jump into the midst of strangers from a strange culture and start asking questions. Certainly it takes one more headstrong than myself.

I must say, though, that the introductory pages were very helpful - especially the Q&A, I Want to Be an Aristasian But... and Aristasian Customs and Manners, though for future versions, I would respectfully suggest removing a certain discipline-related animation on the first page, simply because it might be seen the wrong way by the wrong sort of people. Otherwise, please keep these pages in some form!

Like honoured Yu-chei, I too hoped (and still hope) for an easy-to-find, updated Glossary. Not only that, but the language student in me would be delighted if there was a separate Raihiralan language Glossary! Otherwise I shall have to keep bothering Madonna-chei with questions a girl in Aristasian elementary school would think self-evident.

I'm sure there is more to add to every point that I couldn't think of right now, but I'll return to it later if something useful comes up. I hope something in this is helpful!

Last edited by Alissa Lily on Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you find your own introduction to Aristasia?

I was browsing around Elektraspace one day and heard about something called "Otherkin." In trying to figure out what Otherkin were, I stumbled across Femmekin, and from there stumbled across Aristasia. Rather roundabout, but I am so glad it happened, so I think we should keep our link from Femmekin.

How easy was it to find things out?

Pretty easy--just time-consuming. There is a lot to read (which is a good thing!) but since the old Aristasian Elektraspace resources are so spread out, it took me about a month to sift through everything enough to feel confident enough to enter the Rosary.

What was good?

As I mentioned before, the refutation of the Silly Monkey myths. I think it was the "I want to be an Aristasian, but..." that originally solved this problem for me, but it helped to see the Silly Monkey myth corrected in several other articles as well.

How systematic was the presentation of information?

Not very systematic at all, but I think this is one of the main points already in the works for the new Elektrasite.

I think we would benefit from a central page with links to all the articles, instead of internal links that spread the information out the way it is now. There is not really an easy way to locate an article quickly.

Definitions of Aristasian slang, like "pette." Maybe I am too interested in linguistics, but it would also be fun to include the origins of our vocabulary, if applicable.
Violet Viola
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, thank you for creating this new forum!
I can't remember how I discovered the old Aristasian elektrasite the first time...but it "rang a bell" to me soon!
About my impression about "oh it isn't really like that..." I had them, in fact: first (2 years ago) I thought that Aristasia was a sort of rpg that came after a previously-estabilished "school milieu s/m" relationship between some pettes. then I realized that I agreed with the "Eclipse/Pit" and I have always thought about it, about the deracination of society...and then I thought that the "s/m thing" was a maybe very "first", "past" and secondary aspect.
I realized about my persona, that is rather similar to her owner, actually!

I hope that the new elektrasite will have the "good old elektrasites pattern" with a band at the left, central title, buttons created all with the same colors and flowers....because I hope that it will have flowers!
As an elektradesigner I should say "I'd like a super site with flash and all this thingies"....but I really prefer the "1996-1997" style, when elektrasites were built with love and care, and not to impress the viewer.

There are some nice and free examples here and here and some "for purchase only" sets here
There are also some more complex styles here.

Roses are red,
violets are blue....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Aristasia Central Discussion Group All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: