The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coming towards the Valley of the Sun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> The Aristasia Diaries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CherieSpyker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:02 pm    Post subject: Coming towards the Valley of the Sun Reply with quote

I drove 10 hours from Oklahoma to Gallup, New Mexico via Interstate 40. Some of us pettes may remember that parts of Interstate 40 contain the historic Route 66, the "Mother Road" that connected Midwest Culveria to the West Coast.

Alas, the Route 66 we knew, with its quaint up-to-date shops and bistros, is being handed over to commercial tackiness and shabbiness. However, New Mexico is less affected by that, and Gallup has nifty places that are wonderful for ladies to enjoy the flavor of Southwest Culveria.

I spent the night at the Hotel El Rancho, and it's wonderful. Rooms are named after pre-Eclipse kinema stars. I got the Irene Manning room, which has a large patio. Perfect for hosting a cocktail gathering.

In a few minutes, I will pack up and head towards my destination. I will not be able to attend this week's class at Virchers as I will be driving. Please send everyone my regards.

Rayati,
Miss Spyker
CherieSpyker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Arrived Saturday morning Reply with quote

Rayati, all!

I've arrived on Saturday and rested for days. Thank you for the well-wishes and prayers for a safe journey.

Rayati,
Miss Spyker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> The Aristasia Diaries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: