The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The New Trine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Sai ThamŽ College
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chancandre Aquitaine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: The New Trine Reply with quote

I should like to welcome the new scholars to the new college!

Thank you all for coming on Saturday and for making our foundation such a wonderful event.

The first seminar of the 101 course will be held this Saturday at noon virtualia time (the same time as the Foundation last Saturday). Those who missed induction last week can attend this session for induction. We hope to see Minami-chei Miss Finesmith and Miss Brigid who were unable to attend as well as anyone who would like to join the course.
Bade great Novarya arise.
Daffodil Finesmith
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh golly! Is it over already? I know I'm dreffly late but had shopping and a house to clean. Oh drat it all. I knew I probably wouldn't be able to attend to the full lecture but I hoped that at least there'd be a few pettes milling about afterward at least.

Heaving a hughish sigh...

Rayati,
Miss Daffodil
Charlotte Eleanor Laraway
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Miss Daffodill, do go to the Emby! There are lots of maids still there. Virchers literally froze the entire College, which is why for a time, none of us could get in and we transfered the meeting to the Emby.
I hope you get this message in time.

Of to bed I go,
Charlotte
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were certainly in session at the time you wrote, Miss Finesmith. I think we were still at the College at that point.

Virtualia was behaving very oddly though. The best thing is to IM someone and get a 'port.

I do hope we will see you in College soon. I can give you the lecture text anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Daffodil Finesmith
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the time, I looked to see who was in Virchers ( I visited the elektasite Second Life|Friends Online) and only Miss Spyker appeared on the list. Not that I don't enjoy your comapny Miss Sypker but being between chores and assuming the lecture was completed I elected to continue taking care of responsibilities in Fizzers. Could it be I checked in at just the very moment that Virchers had frozen the college? What rotten luck.

Miss Madonna, I should be very interested in receiving a transcription of yesterday's lecture from you. (smile) Perhaps there is a correspondence course available? Truly, I ask only half in jest. It seems that since the rest of my family uses the weekend for rest, I wind up working twice as hard. Which I don't mind in the least, but it does make attending events in Virchers very much a hit or miss thing. However, as a teacher myself, I also understand how important it is for students to attend classes together.

Rayati,
Miss Daffodil
CherieSpyker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Finesmith:

I think that this happened...

When the College region floeped, I thought that my Windows Vista portable balked and threw me out of Virchers. So, I rebooted to Linux and accessed Virchers there. At the time, the region was still down and I was at my prior location in Snowland Mall (was looking for Elegant Lolita clothes there). I attemped to teleport to the College, but failed several times and remained in Snowland until I got a teleport invite to the Emby.

Basically, Virchers was functioning in certain regions, but the servers that hosted our region were floeping. It did not help that around 75000 people logged on to Virtualia.

Rayati,
Miss Spyker
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case this little exchange is obscure to those who did not attend, here is a brief report of Rhavedi's (Saturday's) events.

The first session of the Aristasia 101 course (other than the opening or pre-session last week) was held.

It was well attended, but Virtualia was being very difficult. Luckily this did not disrupt honored Raya's lecture on Five Aspects of Aristasia - a basic introduction to our Empire. The lecture was very inspiring.

At the end, however, when honored Raya asked for questions, no one could type them. Her voice was audible but typing seemed to be disabled. Around this point I think some people floeped and others tried to relog. Nobody was able to get back into College.

This is rather fascinating, since in all the months we have been meeting socially and unofficially in the College, nothing of this sort has ever happened. But with the official trine, and important teaching, suddenly such things begin. It has been so consistent that things "go wrong" as the Bridgehead makes advances that we take it as a sign that we are doing the right thing - as honored Raya quipped, "It is a round of applause from the Forces of Darkness".

After a little time we were able to reconvene in the Embassy, where we had a splendid question-and answer session following the lecture and honored Miss Minami Kohime-chei was inducted as a novice scholar, having been unable to attend the main Induction of Scholars last week.

We were delighted finally to be able to welcome dear Minami-chei, who has been waiting to become a member of the College for a long time, delayed first by the College's own "pre-teething" troubles and then by ordie problems on her side.

One of the side effects of Virtualia's "stickiness" was that I was unable to take any photographs, but I believe there were some pictures of our ad-hoc Embassy seminar and I hope to post them soon.

On the following day, Rayadi (Sunday), Divine Service for the Feast of the Epiphany of God the Daughter was held in the Embassy Chapel. Virtual Aristasia is bustling these days.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are two pictures of the ad hoc Embassy Seminar courtesy of honored Miss Charlotte. Not everybody who attended the main lecture at College was able to reconvene at the Embassy, but we had a lively and interesting question and answer session in an unusual setting:

Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh - and for those who may have been wondering, honored Miss Poppy was present - at the bar naturally.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Sai ThamŽ College All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: