The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Miss Charlotte E. Laraway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Maiden Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charlotte Eleanor Laraway
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Miss Charlotte E. Laraway Reply with quote

Rayati, honoured Aristasians!
I have already posted three times on the fora now and since that seems to have gone alright (and because of Miss Sushuri Madonna's kind encouragement), I am now going to try and introduce myself.
My name is Charlotte Eleanor Laraway. Regrettably, I have not been raised and educated the way I wish I had been, which among other things has caused me to develop some characteristics, which would no doubt be complimentary or at least natural in a blonde, but not in a brunette. Nonetheless, I do not feel that I am a redhead, but rather that I am a brunette deeply in need of some training. That said, I might have a minor blonde persona, but I’m not her often (or the other way around).
I first consciously (that is to say on anything other than a purely emotional level) noticed something was wrong with the world at age 10, but since I grew up in a very unsupporting environment, it took me another 10 years of many detours and excursions before I really started to understand just what was wrong. In many if not most ways, I feel as though I am still just starting to understand and free myself from the vast and sticky swamp you Aristasians so fittingly call the pit.
I have known about Aristasia for about a year now, though I have not spend all of that year learning about the Empire. A lot of the philosophy or the ideas behind Aristasia and quite a bit of your vocabulary have become very much a part of me and how I see the world. Nonetheless, at this point, I do not consider myself an Aristasian, but merely a friend of Aristasia and it is well possible that I have mixed some of my ideas with yours unconciously or use Aristasian vocabulary a bit differently from the way Aristasians do (hence my question concerning the spiritual nature of blondes and brunettes). I hope this will not be cause for offence or reason to be uninterested in chatter and discussion.
Since I have – quite unintentionally - already written so much now, I will stop here and leave it to you to ask questions if you are curious about anything else (and please feel absolutely free to ask!).
Just one other thing: I hope I have mentioned it in one of my other posts, if so, I gladly repeat it, if not – well shame on me! Thank you very much for all the work you do in making information about Aristasia and traditional thought and so much more available for girls like me. You change lives for the better!
It is truly an honour for me to meet you all.
Rayati,
Charlotte E. Laraway
Padraica Yatsenko

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati Miss Laraway,

What a pleasure to meet you! I have been reading your comments and questions with interest lately, in between recent travels and luggage headaches.

I do look forward to perhaps sometimes meeting you in the White Rose Room or Virtualia sometime. Your contribution to the Fora has been quite the talk of the town!

Enjoy your time in Aristasian company, my dear. We certainly enjoy having met you.

--
Miss Padraica Yatsenko
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati and thank you, Miss Padraica Yatsenko!

It is an honour for me that you took the time to greet me here, even though you have been so busy.

I must say I am not used to hearing that my contributions are the talk of the town - I do hope it is not because I have committed some gross breach of etiquette or something equally terrible! I am a little shy, to be honest (though it might not show in the written word).

I feel certain that I will enjoy my time here, and that it might be a long time.
In case this was not clear from what I originally wrote, I am only quite certain that I am not a Puran. But I hope I understood correctly, that it is possible in certain cases to be, so to say, adopted into the Empire. I am still trying to figure out if that is my wish and to find this out was indeed one of my reasons for joining the fora (though I realise of course that it is not my wish alone or even primarily that would matter should it come to it).

Though I feel very honoured to have been invited, I believe it will be impossible for me to join you in Virtualia. I am not very good with most modern things - I'm glad this fora is not much harder than writing on an Ordinator - and SecondLife is quite beyond my capabilities. I am not exactly sure what the White Rose Room is. If it is like "chatting", my only experience with it is that it goes much to fast for me, but I might give it another go if it would mean being able to talk to some of you.

I hope that you will not be troubled by any further luggage headaches!
With the best of wishes,
Charlotte E. Laraway
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so glad you introduced yourself, honored Miss Laraway.

It is certainly possible for girls to become adopted Aristasians, and it is also possible for girls to participate in Aristasia at various levels without becoming adopted. We have a number of girls who are fully committed outside Aristasia but are nonetheless accepted as honorary Aristasians while they visit.

Naturally this can only go so far (in depth I mean, not in length of time). Such part-time Aristasians are accepted according to the doctrine of Concentric Circles.

A girl may learn a good deal about herself by being a "visiting Aristasian". She may end up being a full Aristasian or she may not. But I think it is fair to say that, apart from the true Exile who knows immediately that she has come Home, visiting membership is the only way to find out if one is suited to Aristasia (and vice versa) or not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sushuri Madonna
Administratrix

Location: In a strange and scary place on a long journey homeward.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The White Rose Room is here.

There will usually be some pettes in there around 1 p.m. Pacific Time. There may be a at other times too. Do try popping in at that time if you can though.

It is like a chat room. I have never been in any other chat room for more than five minutes. It is a place for Aristasians and while it may seem strange at first it soon becomes like home.

I think most of us were shy at first, so please don't worry. We would love to meet you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Padraica Yatsenko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati Miss Laraway,

It would be lovely to see you in the White Rose Room, to which I thoughtlessly neglected to provide directions. I do apologise. Miss Madonna is often in the Rosary (as we call it) and many of us can be summoned there in a flash if you care to grant us the pleasure of your company.

Thank you for your kind wishes, and I hope to meet you soon.
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati honoured Miss Yatsenko and honoured Miss Madonna!
Thank you very much. I will try to visit the Rosary tomorrow evening (oh this really has been quite a week in terms of plucking up courage to try new things!). If it proves to much for me I suppose I can always just come back here and cry for help.
I look forward to meeting you there and hope all goes well,
Charlotte E. Laraway (who is feeling less like a brunette than she has in ages!)
Violet Viola
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati, Miss Charlotte, and warmest welcomes!

Roses are red,
violets are blue....
Mengxia Yu
Contributy supermaiden

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati and welcome, Miss Laraway!
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati honoured Miss Viola and honoured Miss Yu!
It is a pleasure to meet you!
MissJulianna
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati and Welcome, Miss Lanaway. I do hope we can meet you in Virtualia some time soon.

All Best wishes,
Jullianna Juliesse
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati and thank you for your welcome and your kind wishes, honoured Miss Juliesse!

I will have to find other ways than SL to experience Aristasia as it is the kind of modern thing that I was not made to understand or enjoy. But I do hope to be granted the pleasure of meeting you in the White Rose Room someday (if that proves doable for my old fashioned self).

Rayati and kind regards,
Charlotte E. Laraway
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati!
Miss Juliesse has just granted me the honour of a conversation in the Rosary. My first real attempt at chatting. It goes dreadfully fast and I always feel like by the time I have written an answer down, I should already be writing something else and I start getting confused. I hope very much that I was not a nuisance.
I do want to try it again on the one hand - after all I did manage to understand sort of how it works and I do see how it could be a way of communicating in a somewhat more conversation-like way than is possible in the fora - on the other hand, I am not sure it is a way which I can handle well. I'm the sort of maid who writes letters instead of calling or writing "SMS". I love to talk, but over a good cup of tea in a physical place where one can look the other in the eye. Alas, we live in times where even so simple a thing is rare.
I'm making a fuss, I'm sorry. I suppose I will give it another try once I've digested the first. Maybe I just need longer in getting used to it.
There's not by any chance an (Arkadyan) maid here, that might have an interest in starting a penpalship?
Thank you again for your patience with me, Miss Juliesse. You really were most kind.
Rayati,
Charlotte E. Laraway
Daffodil Finesmith
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati and welcome, Miss Laraway.

I have been reading your comments with great interest. In another discussion, the image you brought forth of the moon and the earth respectively reflecting and absorbing the sun's warmth has stuck with me for a number of days. It is at once apt and poetic.

Let me assure you that I, too, have the exact same difficulty in the Rosary as you do. Your very astute observations indicate that you are a maid who thinks deeply before speaking. (In my own case, however, I'm not sure whether it's that I'm thinking deeply or just a bit slowish.) Often by the time I've a response ready to another maid's thought about 'Peonies' (for example), I look to find the conversation has since moved on to discussing 'Gardens,' then 'Rain,' then 'Umbrellas.' By that point, pontificating on Peonies seems like a surreal non-sequitur!

The same thing happens to me at large family dinners. I've learned to simply sit, listen and observe. This all to say you are not alone.

Rayati,
Miss Daffodil

PS- if you feel Personal Messaging counts as a sort of penpalship substitute, feel free to contact me anytime (we'd save the postage!)
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rayati Miss Daffodil!

Thank you ever so much for your kind words. You have made me feel so much better! Knowing that I am not alone encourages me to try again and not give up just because the first time was a little overwhelming. Maybe if I do listen more in the beginning I will get used to the pace of conversation in time and be able to join in. If not, I am sure there is much to learn even by simply sitting and observing, as you wisely wrote.

My remark about penpalship and conversation over tea came very much from my frustration at that moment – so much for me thinking deeply before writing! But I do thank you very much for the compliment and hope that it will cause me to try harder and live up to it more in future.
I realise a traditional Penpalship is not as practical as other options. Though it would have its merits of course – I’m currently trying to teach myself “Suetterlin” for example and that would be a chance to put it to good use. But Personal Messaging sounds like an agreeable substitute and it is an honour for me to know that I might be allowed to contact you in this way.

I hope you have a beautiful weekend, Miss Daffodil and who knows – maybe we will soon meet in the Rosary!
Rayati,
Charlotte E. Laraway
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Maiden Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: