The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index The Aristasia Forums Archive
See current activity at www.aristasia-central.com/heartbook

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harriet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Avendale Storyboard
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecile Landgrebe
Splendid Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Harriet Reply with quote

“Look!” Juniper came into the room waving a piece of paper at Harriet.

“A card from Lady Endeline congratulating us on a wonderful and moving performance. It says so right here.

Harriet? Are you all right?”

Harriet nodded. She sat in the widow and stared outside.

"Are you sure you are all right?" Juniper asked. "You still look dreadfully pale."

“Yes”

Juniper moved closer and put her head on Harriet's shoulder. "You were the best Dido anyone ever saw. You had Lady Endeline herself in tears. You had *me* in tears. I felt so sorry for leaving you. Well, Aenea did."

Harriet sighed.

"Harriet, what is wrong? You seem so different since the performance. I thought you would be happy, but you're not. I've never seen you this way. Please tell me what's wrong."

"Oh Juniper. I was having such a good time. I could barely stop myself from laughing over Beatrice in that bunny suit. But then when that final scene came, where Dido dies... I could feel it."

"But that is very good! An actress must imagine herself to be the person she is playing. It showed in your performance, Harriet. You dazzled the audience."

"No, you don't understand. I could feel exactly what Dido must have felt. Aenea left her. The one she loved most had deserted her. I could hardly breathe. The realisation that I would never see her again. That I would die without seeing her again. I was dying, Juniper."

"Harriet, it was only a play."

"Yes, yes I know. It was a play during the rehearsals. It was a play right up to the end. And then it didn't feel like a play anymore. I was Dido. Aenea had left me and I was dying...and I would never see her again."

Harriet wiped a tear from her cheek. "I can still feel it."

"Oh, Harriet." Juniper put her arms around her friend.

Harriet sobbed. "Why did Camille leave me, Juniper?"

"Who is Camille?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Aristasia Forums Archive Forum Index -> Avendale Storyboard All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: